Going back to Cee Bailey

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I've been sporting a V-Stream for a couple of years now but today I switched back to my Cee Bailey +2 just to see how I feel about it

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I've been sporting a V-Stream for a couple of years now but today I switched back to my Cee Bailey +2 just to see how I feel about it
Cee Bailey-Out of the motorcycle products business!
I know many of you, like myself, have used Cee Bailey windshields for a high quality aftermarket replacement windshield. I have had them build a seat for my RT ( many didn't know they built seats! ), and I have owned two sets of their case liners. Add to that headlight covers. All good stuff.

Cee Bailey has dropped its motorcycle products. Looks like September 18 was the start of that. They are concentrating on their core business of aircraft windshields and tires.

They have been a great influence to me. It worries me to see them go. It is hard to time to be in the motorcycle business for many companies.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I tried a V-steam for a while and mainly used it as my winter shield since it offered more wind protection for my upper body. I didn't like that it shook like crazy on the interstate because of it's increased width and it also had some distortion along the upper edge.

I agree that it's a tough time for all in the motorcycle biz. Young people today could give a hoot less about having a motorcycle so the future looks pretty grim.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wouldn't have gone back to Cee Bailey after having 2 (or maybe 3) of them break at the mounting holes. I'm happy with the V-Stream.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Phil, the +2 doesn't suffer form the same fragility that the +4 and +6 do. Its rock solid
That is a good question. Do people who have a cracked CB extend them up high and look through them? Frosty had a cracked one but mine hasnt cracked yet.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mine was a +4. I rode with it so that I usually looked over it, but could slouch and look through it. If it was raining or really cold, I'd put it up all the way.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I use the stock NT windshield for the summer months and switch to the V-Stream for the winter months.

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have 3 shields, OEM has not been used since received my CeeBaily tinted. I had a guy who sold his NT give me a V, and I have that installed right now. I had a big hit the shield, just flexed and no damage: I wonder what would of happen with the CeeBaily. I do seem to run with the shield a little lower in the warm days.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm convinced that the Cee Baileys that failed were tall, run in a high position, and/or at high speeds. Just too much stress for the design. Lower wind load caused no problems.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have a +2 Cee and I had no issues, just installed the free National and since it ain't broke you don't fix it. The wave of the National only bother me first couple of times, and then not issue. I might some day go back to Cee, or my son can sell it after I am gone with the rest of things I have he feels are junk.

Last edited:

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
i have +2 cee and want to move to the National. Anyone interested in swap, plz msg me.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
One thing I did to my Cee Bailey and also the one on Deb's bike, I radiused the sharp edges of the mounting holes using emery cloth when they were new. Both are +4 height.

I don't really know if it made much of a difference but it couldn't hurt and no cracks in over 7-8 years on mine and 5 years on Deb's. We also don't ride at high speed (70+ mph) on The Slab for hours and hours and hours, which fairly is common out west.

Top Bottom