Gone fishin ... On the NT?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I am not sure I understand the question but I guess you could fill the top box with water and use it as a live bait well :)

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
OK, I'll bite :)

Fly fishing or other?

I have a packable fly rod that easily fits in the pass through. Waders and boots easily fit in the trunk. Vest pack in a side case. Can easily fit two sets in there.

Other types of fishing poles would be a bit difficult. But, you can find packable spinning rods out there.

I haven't fished with any type of live bait since i was a kid so can't help there.

If you don't want to buy special poles then I'd get a PVC pipe big enough and strap it vertically at the rear of the bike somewhere. May have to make a special bracket for it.

OP
OP
savantelite
Bike
2010 NT700V
I know I am going towards the ultra light camping crowd here, but I have this Yellowstone fly-fishing date idea. Hammock and rainfly lodging, open fire and tin foil cooking, retractable rods. But will I have enough room for 2 sets of waders and boots along with the bare camping needs?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Going to be a bit tough. Waders and boots are bulky, especially for two. I use the passenger seat, trunk and both side cases just for me when camping, but, I like my comforts (like a 4 person tent and inflatable bed, not air mattress).

But, if you really went to the minimums then you might be able to get by. Probably have stuff strapped on everywhere :) If you have not purchased boots, or can buy new ones, get the packable versions. They pack pretty flat. Get the gortex type waders vs the neoprene, again, they pack better. Instead of a vest I use a small chest pack. Holds two fly boxes and leaders/tippets. You can also just loop a lanyard around your neck and clip the fly box and leaders/tippets to it.

If you already have the retractable rods then ok, but, there are some really good 5 piece rods out there that aren't much. I have a 7wt that is good enough to land 3lb trout from the San Juan.

Top Bottom