Got my New Seat

Neil-OKC

So received my new Corbin seat today. Was actually rather quick,. Ordered on the 7th received on the 20th.

I did have one problem with them though, they charged me an extra 540 bucks, which made the seat come out to little over a grand. Called them up and they fixed it the next day. Good Customer Service.

The seat itself snaps right in and _almost_ fits the bike. I noticed the two edges nearest the tank stick out a tad and kind of rest against my legs. Not sure if this is going to be a problem on long rides or not so it is a wait and see kind of thing.

It did lower me by about 3/4" so now instead of just my toes on the ground atleast half me foot is on the ground(both sides at once that is)

All in all I am pleased so far but will have to wait and see about the tank flap edges.

Posted a pic in my album.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Shoot, I couldn't even find your album a couple of days ago.

But, I just looked again and found it...and the picture of the new seat. Looks good. I hope it works for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Neil-OKC

One thing of note on this seat. The front 'wings' flair out instead of wrapping around the gas tank like they should. At first I didn't think muhc of it but on longer rides this tends to put some pressure on the inside of my thighs and causes some discomfort.

Called Corbin about this and sent them the pics I had taken to show how it was. They were very nice about it and after talking with their fabricators they made me a new seat and went to a local shop to test fit it to an NT700. Sending it to me this week and I'll let you know how well it fit.

Pictures of how it was messed up are located here: Corbin Seat flaw

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Neil, With that kind of service the extra money spent seems worth it. I had a Corbin on my Ninja and it was definitely a custom seat. Corbin does a great job.

Piperouter

Received my new Corbin last week and it looks and fits great. So much more comfortable than the stock.

Top Bottom