Got my new tennis ball

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
They do make those short strings of LED Xmas lights powered by a battery pack. Attach with duct tape :D

Nice lid. I still love mine.

Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
Ouch! Like staring directly into the Sun. Could only see things in black and white for a couple of minutes.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Nice noticeable topper, I always purchase a white one, they cooler then a dark colored helmet and hopefully help being seen. Of course drivers don't see semis or trains so really I guess making yourself visible does little good.
I can not wait till I able to put on my helmet and ride, ice everywhere near me.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Is this your first symax? I am very happy with mine. Found the fit to be a wee bit tighter than the last one but much quieter. It is bright...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Karl, Bob, and others with a Symax: I had an HJC back in the early 90s. It was my first modular helmet and I liked that part, but it was fairly noisy and it fed buckets of rain down the inside of the face shield and when I passed a truck on the downwind side, the truck's bow wave would always open the face shield. Are all those problems fixed?

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
One thing HJC has done is provide much better padding in the liner. Makes it more comfortable over the long run.

Don't know about the rain. I've been in a little with it (couple of thunderstorms) and nothing came down the faceshield. Not sure about the visor mechanism at the top though. In a frog strangler it might leak some.

Have not had the face shield come open in any environment yet, which has included dodging trucks on I40 at 90mph :) The latch holding the chin bar down can bind a little. Usually just a tug down will loosen it.

There is more road noise than my Shoei RF1100. But, less wind noise. Caveat....I have a big windshield and fairing so not much wind gets to it. Crosswinds it is still less noisy that the Shoei was.

I like the pinlock and the sun shield. Have not needed sunglasses in many rides. FYI, I did put tape across the top of the shield as a sunvisor. Helped a lot (I do that with every helmet I have owned).

I still wish Nolan had not screwed up their liner. I just can't wear any of their helmets now days.

Top Bottom