[Review] Grab On? Grip Covers Install and Review

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Back in early January I fitted a set of Grab On? Grip Covers over my Honda Heated Grips. I used the 5 inch Long, 1.45 " Outer Diameter version and trimmed the length to fit the NT grips. I bought my from MCL but they are available from several sources.

Fitting them was a bit tricky as the Honda Heated Grips are 1.4 inches in diameter so it is a tight fit. Using hair spray alone would not get them on over the lip on the grip located on the outer end of the heated grips. Remembering a tip from way back when I put similar covers on my FJ1200 I soaked them in really hot water for about five minutes then hair sprayed them and used a curved hemostat as a help along, to pull them on to the grips.

With the Grip Covers installed the grips are now 1 and 42/64 inches (1.65 inches) in diameter. If you have small hands this might be too big for comfort. Personally they fit and feel fine to me and the soft Grip Cover is very comfortable to hold.

Since I installed them I have used my heated grips several times and I have not noticed any significant heat loss from the covers. Grab On claims they are suitable for use with heated grips and I agree with their claim. The High position on the Honda heated grips still gets too warm for comfort!

My old Cramp Buster was too small to fit over the heated grips and Grip Covers so last weekend I ran over to Cycle Gear and purchased a Model CB4 Cramp Buster which works just fine.

The Grab On? Grip Covers are a cheap farkle, less than $20 with shipping, that improved the "feel" of my grips. Not a "must do" mod but well worth the expense and time to install them IMHO...

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Nice review. I don't have the heated grips, but would like this farkle to add diameter to the standard grips.

taldric

I installed the Grip Puppies covers yesterday and drove with them for the first time today. I have large hands and need something to increase the diameter of the grips. These went on fairly easily using warm soapy water applied liberally both inside the grip puppies and on the original grips. They certainly feel a lot more comfortable with the small amount of riding I did today.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the Grab On and Grip Puppies.

Top Bottom