Grabby & Notchy front brakes

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Like the title says, my front brakes have been acting less than perfect. I had already replaced the front rotors and pads, and bled the brakes thinking that may have been the problem. It seemed better until I rode the CB500X in comparison the CB's brakes were so easy to naturally modulate that it became obvious that the NT's brakes weren't right. It was like the brake were jumping in large incremental steps... like from 32% braking to power to 47% breaking power with no control in between. The CB's brakes are easy to slowly dial up the braking power as needed for smooth and gradual control.

Anyway, I was starting with tearing apart the master cylinder when found the front brake lever pivot point bolt and brass bushing in the lever was dirty. I should have took a pic of it because it was alarming at the amount of rust, dirt, and gunk in there. I don't ride in the rain routinely so it most likely came from washing it and soap/water residue... not sure. Cleaned and lubed the bolt and lever bushing. So it was a cheap fix, and I got new disk and rotors out of the deal.

1626109499492.png

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have had the bushings on the clutch lever of C10 Concours wear and get worn enough to need a repair.
Glad you found the issue.

Brad

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
And if the brake lever pivot was dry and dirty, do the same clean-up & lube for the clutch side! ;)

Top Bottom