Grip Puppies are on

I just went out and put them on. I followed everyones suggestions and soaped up the grips and the puppies and they slid on with no problem. I will let them dry today before I take the bike out tomorrow for a ride to see what the difference is. I have to see if my cramp buster will fit or do I need to use the larger one I had on my cruiser.

Texx

I just installed my grip puppies as well and have seen a pretty big difference. Also just rolled 2k miles (purchased w/ 377 on the bike) and I am hoping as everyone else has mentioned that it will smooth out just a little more.

Bike
2011 NT700v
Stop in at Walgreens and pick up a gel foot pad. There's one that fits perfectly on a cramp buster. Makes a lot of difference.

fltsfshr

Texx

I had a friend lend me a cramp buster. I did not like it at all. I plan to get a friction lock / throttle lock of some kind.

Bike
Silver NT700V
The Cramp Buster takes some getting used to. When I first started using one, actually on my first bike, before the NT, I felt like I would inadvertently accelerate and rolling off throttle felt odd. Once I adapted, running the throttle with the heel of my right hand. When I got the NT I went for the first long ride without the 'Buster and noticed a HUGE difference.

Bear in mind, the Cramp Buster and throttle lock (AKA cruise control) serve two different purposes. The 'Buster lets you control the throttle with a much more relaxed grip, reducing fatigue. A "cruise control" lets you completely release the throttle while maintaining speed which allows relaxation and flexing of the whole right arm, also reducing fatigue.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I want to say I got the Harley size cramp buster for my grip puppies

You may not like it being there at first, but after a week you wont even know its there and you wont even realize you're probably utilizing it in some manner almost 100% of the time
Your fingers will still be around the grip but you wont be 'gripping' it unless you have to
much more relaxed feeling in the right hand

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I had a friend lend me a cramp buster. I did not like it at all. I plan to get a friction lock / throttle lock of some kind.
There are two different size crampbusters. One is twice as wide as the other. I had the wide one my NT but put the narrow one on my Tiger Explorer and like it much better. Give the narrow one a try before discounting it!

I love the foam grip covers too. Standard farkle for any bike now.

androu

Two thumbs up for the Grip Puppies. Finally put a pair on about a week ago. The problem I've had is most of the gloves I've tried seem to slip and slide a little on the firm, smooth grips on the NT (and most sport bikes for that matter). This causes me to have to keep a pretty tight grip on the throttle just to counteract the force of the return spring and keep the throttle from slipping in my hand. I also have pretty large hands and most sport grips seem too small for me. The result, combined with the vibration from the bars, is a numb, tingly right hand. Cruising down the highway at a constant speed wasn't a problem, as I engage the go cruise and relax my hand. In twisty, mountainous areas, where I have to constantly manipulate the throttle, my hand would often get quite tingly. Now, with the grip puppies installed, the combination of the larger diameter (more leverage) and grippy surface means I don't have to apply nearly as much force with my hand to keep the throttle open, and no numbness. Of course, the cushioning effect of the foam also insulates my hand from vibration transmitted through the bars which also helps. I love simple, inexpensive things that work.

jackgermain

I have both grip puppies and cramp buster -- both are great.

Top Bottom