Groggy Wake Up Call

skiper

Woke up the NT yesterday. Just short of three months. Had difficulty starting. Crankcase about 35 degrees, but cranking was much slower than 35 degrees during regular usage. NT would not cough up to life. Did flooded engine protocol to no avail. Battery had 12.7 volts and 4.3 amps no load. The clocks were acting funny- they swept jittery intermittent so I put her on trickle charge. After a cup of tea and a look at the manuals another crank and vioula - the familiar purring filled the warm sunny air. I was going riding again ! First a good look over and then slipped into a 40 degree sunny day. Great to be going on a sickle again. Went to the next town to pick up a MC repair manual to learn about bikes. This is one of those written long ago in a format for technical schools. So hard to find that kind of detail knowledge and written so concise and deep. Then wandered along lake Keuka on a undulating winding road in second gear, contemplating the world- or the happy view of it- for all it was worth. I can sense the NT is gonna lead me to another season of adventure and intrigue. It's amazing how one can see the topography so much more deep with bare trees. Familiar roads are a different experience. These snow melt runoff rivulets are really something. So beautiful to watch the water find it's way.. Any way - got to go , hope you get your bike out soon. . +++ I want my NTv

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Happy for you to be riding. There are a few bikes out around here. My NT is still stored because I can't ride till my leg gets stronger--PT three times a week, Therapist figures about a month. The bike has to go in for some warranty work, so I 'll have a friend ride it in and they can work on it at their leisure. Shaft drive is leaking oil.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Hey Ralph! Enjoy the ride today. It's supposed to get up into the low 50's here. I will definitely be taking each of 'the girls' out for a maiden Spring voyage. I'll be up in Geneva the week of June 9th for our annual conference. Let's make plans to meet up and do some riding!

Larry

OP
OP

skiper

Hell yea........OK Larry - we on. But I have to break some sad news. Hammondsport is no longer the " coolest small town in America ". Now the next town over-Watkins Glen is bestowed the glorious title. Ho Hum - we'll just have to muddle thru, but .. our NT's can visit with the old vintage ones and dwell. Then, we can wander out and troll for some magic riding..

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I wanted to ride today, but as I left Walmart with a cart of groceries, the wind was so fierce I had to fight the cart to keep from hitting any cars.
Thats kind of wind on the bike just beats you up

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Great ride today from Port Jervis to Middletown and back. A short ride, but nice to be in the saddle again. Got to try out my new Gaerne G-Adventure riding boots. Maybe this belongs in a product review section, but I really like these boots for striking the balance between street, dual sport, and rain (they're waterproof) riding. The soles are pretty chunky and have an almost unbelievable amount of grip on most any surface. And they are very easy to walk around in... maybe too easy. The sole has a lot of flex. I know they are motorcycle boots, but they almost feel like wearing regular rubber boots (although they are leather). If I had it to do all over again, I think I would have opted for Alpinestars S-MX 5 or a TCX equivalent that has a bit more rigidity and ankle protection. Heck, I could have even gotten true Gore-Tex at this price point. I still like them though. They fit really well and I could wear them all day. Haven't taken them off road yet, but I think they will do well with my style of riding (slow and easy). :>)

Bike
choosing
Rode mine Saturday for the first time this year. I am sure that my winter was much milder than yours.
I also started and ran mine a few times during the cold weather season. My wife and I both had surgery
in the last two months, so that also negated any opportunity to get out on some of the mild days that
we had. My wife is still rehabbing her knee so I could not go to far. I rode about 125 miles. I was gone
for about 3 hours. It was good to be back in the saddle. Now, the grass is beginning to grow. Thats just
another impediment. I ride when I can. Can't wait till retirement. A few more years. Riding is good
recreation.

Joe

Top Bottom