Grown-up Grom?

Yeah, this thing has been posted on the ST forum for a week or so. The bike did not get a great reception from the ST folks. The racks on the headlight and rear seat are really too small to hold much of anything, maybe a bag lunch. Another attempt by Honda to attract a market segment (new young hip rider), whatever that segment is. But I don't think it would sell in this country.
But then again, if you realy want a "Lovable Touring Partner". Sounds as if you would be buying a pet and not a motor bike.
Love the color combo BTW, look good in the man cave.......

Last edited:
Off road vehicles of all sorts are very popular around here. They would sell here, I'm sure of it.

But it looks to me like it lacks ground clearance. Without more data and specs it is really hard to say. Maybe it would handle the pot holes we grow in the mid-west this time of year.

It's probably only made to look like an off-road bike similar to a Ford Explorer with big wheels being used for off roading! To me the rack on the front is more of a headlight guard but all this stuff is on a concept bike so who can tell for sure. I'm just happy it isn't a another large displacement V-twin cruiser.

Currently, I doubt if Honda has a 400 cc parallel twin engine in its cache of engines but I could be wrong.

I work near the university and scooters are all around. This looks like a "manly" scooter or, like above, the SUV of the scooter crowd.

With 400cc it will be highway capable, but, would lose a lot of it turns out to be much heavier than a small scoot. It already loses on the storage side, but, most of the college kids wear backpacks on their scoots so maybe not that big a deal.

I think it's cute and fun. I think it's great that Honda is making something targeted at someone besides grizzled old biker dudes. They need to find a younger demographic. Maybe this will be the one that brings them in.

"Loveable Touring Partner" ? I don't see this as a touring bike at all. I could see having it if you lived in the country, on a farm or a ranch that it might be a do all bike that could get you around. Sometimes these concept designs can fool you and what they look like is not what they are actually good at especially when the concept comes out of Honda/Japan where what they think is an interesting concept simply baffles us in the west.

Last edited:
It looks like the perfect vehicle to put on the back of a motorhome or RV. Beats towimg a car.

Back
Top Bottom