Guardian Bell

Bike
2010 Red NT700
My daughter sent me a guardian bell for my birthday. It came with a piece of mountaing hardware (bell hanger is what they call it) that looks like you can remove a bolt from somewhere and mount the bellhanger and then hang the bell...There is no obvious place on the handlebars to mount the bell hanger. I guess I will have to look low on the bike for a place.
Its going to be hard to find an exposed bolt I can remove . The tupperware hides lots of things
Any suggestions?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
According to the "legend" you are sposta hang it as low as possible to keep the Gremlin's off. I've got mine mounted in the left side fairing. I don't remember exactly how I mounted it, but I will go out and look at it and report back to you.

Mike

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I thought about somewhere on the sidestand. That loop you kick or even the spring
Other than that, there is a bolt that mounts the lower right corner of the radiator to the bike
Seems like verything that isn't hidden by tupperware is countersunk

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
So I figured out just where to put the bell. Under the footpeg, there is a bolt with an acorn head for scraping the pavement. I removed the left one, put the hanger behind the spacer and voila!
It's low to the ground, out of the way, and I will see it everytime I get on to remind me that my kids want me to be safe.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Freinds gave me one and I have it mounted underneath the rack my trunk sits on. A lot of the time, I can see the shadow of it while I'm riding. I used a zip-tie.

Skyscraper

I have mine mounted behind my right front amber reflector using a key ring around the stud for the reflector

Bike
2010 Burgundy NT700V
Glad I found this older thread. My hubby gave me a gremlin bell for my birthday and we haven't been able to figure where to put it. I like the foot peg idea. Will have to check that out.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I have one in my tool box in the garage. I don't believe in them myself and would hate for one to fall off and spike someones tires.. yeah, I'm a spoil sport.. lol

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I was given one and had mounted it to the OEM undercowl. It fell off somewhere before my drop-the-bike-a-lot episodes started!! Is there a connection??

Only the Shadow knows!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Saw the bells mounted in a variety of ways---Best one so far was a guy who put it on the zipper pull on his jacket.

Top Bottom