Handgrips

Don

Good afternoon all, looking for suggestions on aftermarket hand grips. My only negative about the bike is the fatigue I've encountered in the hands. I've always used the Kuryakn Iso Gripes on my cruiser bikes and I'm wondering if they will work with the bar end weights. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Pura Vida.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I use and like the Grab-On foam grip covers, especially since they increase the grip diameter for big hands.

Reactions: Don

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Some people like the Grip Puppies, which is a foam sleeve that goes over the hand grip. I found that they made the hand grip feel too fat, so I took them off. Probably the best thing I did was add a Cramp Buster which allows your palm to rest and help with the throttling. Next would be a cruise control. I got one of the cheapie (<$10) ones that rests against the brake lever. Gives me enough of a break to rest my right hand for a few minutes. The next step would be a full-fledged cruise control at $1,000+ which is too rich for my blood.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I use Grip Puppies. They make the bars more comfortable and, if you have a lowish mileage bike, dampen some of the vibration. They are on top of my heated grips and they still work well.

I can spend quite some time on my bikes (hours at a time) and I can atest to their effectiveness.

OP
OP
Don

Don

I have a throttle lock too but I don't use it much unless I'm out on the open road. Thanks for the advice.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When I had Dudley (my first NT) I had started with a Throttlemeister throttle lock. In my opinion, it did a better job as a cruise semi-control on the NT than anything similar had done on my Kawasaki Concours. I decided that might have had something to do with the nature of the torque curve on the NT. It seemed like the NT did a better job of holding speed in rolling terrain than the throttle lock I'd had on the Connie did in the same terrain.

But, throttle locks don't even begin to compare with a real cruise control. I had a Rostra cruise control on Dudley, and I've got an McCruise control from Australia on Horse (my 2nd and current NT). Because anything I do (pulling clutch, touching a brake) disconnects the cruise control, I end up using it a whole lot more than I did the throttle locks. I highly recommend the cruise control if you're riding longer miles.

Top Bottom