handle bar brush guards

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Anyone ever install a set of hand guards. In cold and rain I like to have guards.

Does you bike have the air deflectors? I have found them to be effective. Check Bike Bandit, Accessories 4 Bikes and of course the local Honda shop. Easy installation, hardest part is removing the mirrors and putting them back on.

I have both. Cycle Gear has a couple of models. Basically they are there to provide stability for when I install the Hippo Hands, but they add significant wind protection even beyond the Honda wind deflectors.

The ones I use occupy a bit of handlebar real estate, however, and couldn't be used in combination with, say, a Vista Cruise.

I copied Rich's idea when I saw them at a meetup in Washington. The only thing to remember is needing to separate the bolted unit that holds the cables, moving them a bit towards the center to have$20 or so.

Terry

I used them on mine instead of the (over priced) Honda deflectors. They were great for winter and also kept the rain from directly hitting the gloves. I got the cheapest plain black ones I could find at Cycle Gear ($30), just cause I didn't know if they would work. They did, so, I wouldn't spending a little more if I had it to do over again.

And they do work with a Vista Cruise....IF...you throw away the handlebar clamp and just drill and mount the stationary portion on the switch housing :)

Back
Top Bottom