Handlebar Riser: New Cables?

Had a few bikes over the years and been on Forums for all of them, so save your slagging about the newbie questions. I'm having sciatica issues being on My Honda Shadow 750 ACE, and am considering a more upright seating type of bike. My interest in The PC 800 and the ST1100 have led me to seriously shopping the NT700 V. (The PC800's are getting too old for the money people want for them, and the ST1100 is just too much for my commuting needs.) I have had issues with hand pain and numbness riding a mountain bike (bicycle), and am almost sure I would need to install risers on an NT700 V. I am nearly 6' 2" but only have 32" inseam. Would a 2" riser require new cables, or would this be a basic 30-minute job? I typically do my own wrenching anyway. Thanks in advance.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I have a 1" riser and my cables are at their max extension. I have replaced the clutch cable with a Trans Alp cable which would likely work with your setup. You would have to get new throttle cables and brake hose extension though.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It has been my experience that few, if any, mechanical fixups or additions are "a basic 30 min job.."

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
It has been my experience that few, if any, mechanical fixups or additions are "a basic 30 min job.."
That reminds me of the first swing set I bought for my oldest son when he was just a tyke. We went to Sears and found one that had the features we wanted. The box featured the wording, "Easy Assembly, Five Minute Frame". Aha! A swing set right up my alley! We got home around 4:00p in the summer and began assembly...... at midnight we finally finished under the headlamps of my brother in laws car....... Grrrrr!! Five minute frame my ass!

:censored:

Mike

Top Bottom