Handy Electric Lift

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I've been so patiently waiting for a good used motorcycle lift and one finally popped up on Craigslist, and it was only 4 miles from home. It's a Handy Electric, 1000 lb capacity, and came with 2 outriggers making it 4' wide, extension for longer motorcycles, dolly to move it around, front wheel clamp, and 4' wide ramp. Wish it had the rear wheel drop-out, but I may be able to cut one or just work the NT off the end (if the table is stable). Was able to ride the NT right up into the front wheel clamp. Priced new from Handy Lifts everything is a little over $2000 plus shipping & tax, got this one used for $600.

So, my Christmas shopping is officially complete now.
:smile:
[/IMG]

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm no different from anyone else -- I think that looks like a great deal on a great lift. Can you drive a car over it? I need to share my 2 1/2 car garage with two cars and an NT. If it would fit under my Buick, it would work great for me.

OP
OP
dnktng
Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Can you drive a car over it?
Sure you can, but move the motorcycle off it first. That would wreck a set of panniers for sure. :doh1:

I haven't decided where I will keep it in the garage. As easy as it is drive the NT onto it, I may use it as the parking spot for the NT. It measures 4'2" wide and 8" high. I was surprised that my 1985 Toyota truck is not wide enought to straddle it (about 1" too narrow), but the Tundra is. Not going to fit under a Honda Fit. I would think a Buick would be wide enough, but it may not have enough ground clearance. The outriggers are easily taken off to make it 24" wide, but then you have to store outriggers somewhere else. Other lifts may store flatter and narrower.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I don't think there's 8" ground clearance under my Buick Century.

Oh, well....

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The HF lift lays down to 7 inches of clearance. I use to park my Jeep over the top of it. Now I park the NT on it.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Or just put two wheels of the car on it and park it at an angle. Although that might get strange looks from neighbors when you open the garage door!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
That could work. If the two wheels don't exceed the load limit of the lift in the down position.

skiper

~ 1 on the tilted car, better than having the buds hold her up. Still like the image of the Venerable NT rising up to garage level from the pit - ready to go for a run. RC Lori should get one. Would look kewl with that little cat suit and some revolving lights. There is a guy in Hangzhou China with the whole James Bond rising platform for his Ferrari. Swirling lights go on outside the building / door opens / up comes the red Ferrari and he saunters out over the bicycle infested streets. Now that sure is a new color RED - PRC unofficial - silk and leather goods transformed by alchemy into Italian mojo steel. SUVC already has a pit, I 'm gonna have to dig one in - perhaps could use hydro canal locke tech to lift the "T" and flaming torches to light the crypt / cave.

slider

The HF one is fine and you can park over it. I got mine for $269 and for the 4 or 5 times a year I use it it's fine.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
My garage is so cluttered with bicycles and three motorcycles, that the Suburban will have to stay outside.

william fennell

Nice takes lot pressure of ur back not bending down all time

rut3556

>>got this one used for $600<<

Handy's are the best, and you got a helluva deal on that one!

Top Bottom