headlight bulbs

Bike
2010 NT700V
Hope y'all are having a great day. I am replacing my headlight bulbs and was wondering if anyone had a bulb they used that works really well and I was also wondering if anyone has tried the plug and play LED replacement bulbs plez let me know thanx jt

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The plug and play LED's are not street legal for headlights per DOT. The headlights reflector isn't designed for LED bulbs and you can get weird light patterns. Instead of LED's I used Sylvania SilverStar Ultras which improved the NT's lighting significantly while not risking blinding other drivers.

Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
I run LEDs on all my bikes. Only bike that has weird pattern is my 98 ZX9R. All the other ones it helps put more light down the road where I can use it. All other bikes, (05 ZX10R, 2011 NT700, 21 Ninja 1000SX and the Concourse14. And for not being street legal, when did you see anyone riding/driving legally, unless their beginner drivers/riders. Use LED's, you'll be glad you did.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If you do decide to go with the LED bulb, I would recommend using the Sylvania replacement LED's. As mentioned above, many of the cheap ChiCom LED's do not have the proper light proper projection pattern which will cause the wierd light patterns. The Sylvania engineers designed their LED's to closely mimic the beam pattern of the incandescent bulb which results in better road illumination and less beam projection into oncoming drivers eyes. The considerably more pricey that the ChiCom bulbs but are worth the extra money.

Mike

Top Bottom