Heads up display motorcycle helmet

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Interesting.... I really liked the Heads Up Display in my 2003 Corvette because it displayed information I wanted like my speed. I'm not sure I see the value in having a GPS constantly displayed though as I only occasionally glance at mine even in areas I don't know well.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
This looks very interesting. I watched the video on their website and the gps information was never displayed at all. It did provide voice prompts and directional turns. I am guessing that it depends heavily on a Bluetooth connection to smartphone or gps. I would imagine that you can toggle the display settings and turn it off if desired.

Wonder if it announces just before a big collision:

"You're so #!*%*ed!!!"

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
One of the reasons I ride a motorcyle is for the solitude. The first thing I would have to do is to turn off the voice on that thing.

tawilke46

Very interesting. May be a future for variants of this system in motorcycle helmets. I have Sena Bluetooth headsets in both my helmets, and this seems to be the logical next step. I am not sure I would like a display in front of my eyes though.

CommuterNT

I'm super excited about something like this coming onto the market and look forward to seeing its progression. I have a Sena bluetooth and use it to listen to music and take the occasional phone call. As with all types of information coming into your eyes and ears you need to manage it appropriately and not get too focused on one thing at a time. It's like all things use some common sense. I always turn the music down in traffic and if a phone call comes in riding is always my focus and talking is second.

On a more serious note this is a great idea. I just don't like the placement of the image. Would prefer it centered and high.

chillman

This is really cool! Once the interface is in place it would be great to add to it:
Speed
RPM
Gear (Yes I have trouble counting to 5)
H20 Temp
Oil temp

I ride in the really congested Washington, D.C. area and would LOVE to have real-time traffic info too.

Top Bottom