helmet applications

YKnot

different ventilation, visor, and insulation usually.

U20417

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
If you have a motorcycle helmet that is not selling well it becomes a snow mobile helmet. Same goes for snow mobile helmets becoming motorcycle helmet. LOL

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Some have heated visors to prevent fogging. I have considered buying one for my winter commuting.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
generally, snowmobile helmets are motorcycle helmets, but with two key differences: They include a dual lens shield and a breath box. Both of these are necessary to prevent fogging in cold environments!

Unlike motorcycle helmets, many snowmobile helmets will use fleece padding for additional warmth. Also, note that most snowmobile helmets also offer an optional electric double lens shield to reduce fogging even further than the standard dual lens.

Some motorcycle helmets can be converted to snowmobile helmets with the additional purchase of accessories from the manufacturer. The Bell Star Carbon Helmet can be converted to a Star Snow Helmet for as little as $49.95 with the purchase of a double lens shield snow kit. For a complete electric version, you can purchase the electric shield snow kit for $119.95. Either of these options will allow you to get double the usage of the helmet, but the helmet itself starts near $650.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I did some reading and there are 3 main things I saw

Anti fog shields
Huge breath guard/ breath box
Warmer lining
I was looking at some nice HJC ones (on sale for about $100) at Competition Accessories and thought they might be a good alt helmet for winter

Top Bottom