Helmet Brake Light

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I just got a farkle that is an absolute hoot. Came from White Horse. It is a wireless LED array that fits on the back of the helmet. You replace the two tail light/brake lights with two very bright LED bulbs. One bulb has a transmitter. When you apply the brakes, the red LEDs light up on your helmet--pretty slick.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I would love to. The problem is that I am a total electronic Klutz. I just learned to cut and paste on a computer a week ago. I plan on getting a digital camera and learning how to use it. Then I have to learn how to post pictures. Once I do that, you will all probably wish that I never learned that skill. (I still use a 35mm SLR that is about 30 years old)

maxweljames

Pretty slick, I like it. I wonder if there is a way to make it easily detachable, if it could be moved from my helmet to the wife's easily I might get it. Or perhaps they all work on the same frequency so one on each helmet would work? Hmm, oh the farkle questions that arise.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Or perhaps they all work on the same frequency so one on each helmet would work? Hmm, oh the farkle questions that arise.

I'll bet they do all use one frequency. Wonder if you could ride around making other peoples' helmets light up?

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I'm more worries about the adhesive.

Will it damage/weaken non-glass fibre helmets?

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
lights that strobe are verboten in all 50 states for other than emergency vehicles other than yellow on slow movers like plow trucks. high mount brake lights are not only common but required on new cars and light trucks...

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Karl, The only exception are bicycles. You are allowed to show a white flashing light forward and three or four flashing reds in the rear. Properly programmed, the helmet light just becomes a high brake light.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
The helmet led brake lights were shown to cause migranes in motorcycle riding test rats on closed course testing in Holland. Stangely enough, regular mice were unaffected.

Lincolnshire Poacher

This is a non starter for me, I tried led brake lights in my car, not as visible/bright as normal bulbs.

Top Bottom