Helmet cleaning

• Thread starter Deleted member 540
  • Start date

Deleted member 540

How is anyone with a non-removable liner cleaning the inside of the helmet?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I currently have a removable liner but before that I used a helmet specific cleaner that sprays on as a foam and you use a damp sponge to work it in and then let it dry. You can find the cleaner from most of the online outfits and probably at your dealer. I think Katherine mentioned using hair shampoo.
http://www.compacc.com/p/motorex-helmet-care-spray

Last edited:
Bike
Silver NT700V
Using a "do rag" will work wonders in keeping the gunk out of a helmet. My first Arai did not have a removable line and I never did really clean it. It lasted and did not smell even after 5 years, 4 in the slightly warm south east Texas summers.

elizilla

I wash the inside of the helmet in the bathtub, with lukewarm water and the same shampoo I use on my hair. That way I am not adding any chemicals that aren't already getting into the helmet, and hair shampoo is designed to clean the exact same type of dirt out of my hair so it should get it out of a helmet liner. I fill the helmet with water and let the water stream out of the vents, taking the bugs with it. I dry it by setting it on a towel in front of a fan with the face shield off and the vents open.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I did the same with my Shoei. Only I did the cleaning in a utility sink ;) I also wore a silk balaclava, but, on a really hot day it just made the issue a little less bad :)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I wash the inside of the helmet in the bathtub, with lukewarm water and the same shampoo I use on my hair. That way I am not adding any chemicals that aren't already getting into the helmet, and hair shampoo is designed to clean the exact same type of dirt out of my hair so it should get it out of a helmet liner. I fill the helmet with water and let the water stream out of the vents, taking the bugs with it. I dry it by setting it on a towel in front of a fan with the face shield off and the vents open.
Try the dish washer on gentle cycle. But in Ricks case he will need to use the pots & pans scrub cycle.:eek:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Back when I had one of those type helmets, I actually just took it in the shower with me. Wet it down inside, soap up your head real well and put the helmet on while you shower, pull off the helmet, work the insides, edges, etc with soapy hands and rinse it out. Then of course, rinse and wash hair again and you are done. That's been tooo many years ago.

Top Bottom