Here and There and Back Again

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
No trip down Hwy 101 would be complete without a stop at Cannon Beach.
The first time I visited Cannon Beach was on a grey and misty day in late October of '76. We were with two friends from Colorado and another friend from Portland. The Portland friend was going to deliver the four of us from Colorado to a board meeting in Portland. We walked down on the beach and then learned that our friend's van had the driver's side window broken and that the three women's purses and one of my wife's suitcases stolen. We spent the rest of the day at the sheriff's office in Cannon Beach, filling out reports, calling our insurance company, and cancelling credit cards. Still a beautiful place. I've been back once during my Epic Ride.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
cool! now your retired you gots all kind of time to travel

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Zion was awesome with towering cliffs reaching up thousands of feet above you.
Thanks for all the great pictures! Toward the end of your Iceland pictures, there is a shot of a waterfall emptying into a canyon -- is that by any chance the rift valley that cuts through Iceland?

I love Zion. The first couple of times I went through Zion I was on a bicycle. The first time, you could still ride a bicycle through the long tunnel -- that was an awesome experience. The second time, we had to be carried through in vehicles. Zion is incredible, as are many areas in Utah. Bryce Canyon, UT-12 between Bryce Canyon and Torrey, the Coral Pink Sand Dunes, and on and on. Utah is an incredible state for scenery.

Again, thanks for your photography -- I always enjoy being allowed to tour with you!

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
Some great pictures of your travels. Being from Michigan I'm thinking of going east south east. Possible following the Blue Ridge very soon. Maybe as far as Florida, but looking at those pictures makes me think about going west! My wife says it time for me to go "get lost" again and she didn't put a time limit on it!

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing, they made my day much better.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Chris,
Great pictures and text. Congrats on your daughter's achievement, it is yours as well!
Cheers

tawilke46

Well done Chris! I am getting the urge to get back on my bikes again! Have not been doing much riding this year. Shame on me!
When ever Linda and I get out to the Redding, Ca. area, we usually go to Lassen Park and Burney Falls. And sometimes Mount Shasta. Most of that area has experienced very large wildfires lately. Got one now burning on both sides of I-5 north of Redding to north of Mount Shasta. That whole section of I-5 is closed in both directions.

Top Bottom