Here's an Idea

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
...just as the Crosstourer (linked above) is the VFR1200 with adventure/touring styling ...same engine and transmission options, though tuned down slightly and with traction control.
I would likely trade my NT for one of those if it were available here.
The MPGs are almost the same as the NT's too.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
...just as the Crosstourer (linked above) is the VFR1200 with adventure/touring styling ...same engine and transmission options, though tuned down slightly and with traction control.
I would likely trade my NT for one of those if it were available here.
The MPGs are almost the same as the NT's too.
Yup... also hoping a new ST in the future will include that 1200 V engine..

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
This is Honda. We have thought over your suggestions and have come up with exactly the kind of modular crossover bike you want and need!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I have wondered how the past to 2013 Honda Shadow Aero 750 V-twin engine would work in a Sport tourer. I havent ridden one but folks that have say its a good engine. I think its pretty easy to set the valves on one, too.
Anyone ever ridden a Shadow? How does the engine charactoristics compare with the NT?
Maybe nothing more, but it's an idea.

Looking at the coverage of the new '13 Hondas, in particular the 500cc models, three bikes using the same powertrain and basic chassis, made me start to think about a modular approach that Honda may be taking to new models.

So here's my idea. What if they were to add a third cylinder to the 500cc engine? Then they'd have a 750cc triple. They could build on that with variants: Sports, Naked, Adventure, and Sport-Touring bikes.

So there could be Deauville ST750 using that engine and with a shaft drive. Brilliant! I hereby donate this idea to the Honda product development team.

Now, how do I go about giving it to them?

Top Bottom