Hi everyone, Lone Star rally coming up. Trying to get NT running after sitting

Love my 2010 NT however, don't let it sit in the garage too long or it may not run. Too many electronic parts I think. Can't keep it idling. Anyhow, I was able to fix all the faded black plastic parts with a product called "Forever Black". It does an excellent job of re-dying the black parts and has a nice gloss to it. Hope to see people at the Lone Star rally after doing quite a restore job to it. Only if I can fix the weird idle issue, keeps dieing on me, but only after it warms up. Runs great for first 5 minutes. Anyhow, hope the see you there on Galveston Island on Halloween.

I have used the forever black but some of my plastic was a little too far gone. I replaced a couple small cheaper pieces.
Sounds like the fuel went bad. If you haven't yet I would start with fresh fuel and injector cleaner.

Brad

I drained the tank prior to starting it. New super unleaded. If I ever have a bike sit for 6 months between cranks like this one, I drain the fuel prior to starting it and put in fresh super everytime. I will try and do a code read tonight and see what it says but the MIL let doesn't stay on or anything . It goes out like its supposed to after starting it, and runs perfectly fine for 5 minutes everytime, then exactly when it kicks into WARM RUN mode, and idles down thats when I sputters, but only when you gun it. You can slowly rev it and it will get over the hump. This acts exactly like my Ford Mustangs used to act when the idle air control valve got dirty, and cleaning that with cleaner fixed it everytime, but I don't think the NT has a idle air control valve.

Back
Top Bottom