High Mileage NT700 Question

I have a couple friends that work at Honda car dealership (I have 4 Honda's) right next to where I work. They often say that the dealership will gouge Honda when they can with warranty and recall stuff. Is there any chance Phil that your warranty is increasing profit for the dealership? I mean I know you probably wouldn't use them if you thought so and you like them but did both your odd failures come out of the blue or shortly after service? Just seems extremely odd you have those rare failures and a warranty.

I've wondered about that, Slider. But the water pump failure came 4,000 miles after a service and was a small oil-leak that showed up suddenly. That, according to my tech, indicated a seal failure where the pump shaft comes out of the crankcase. The muffler was cracked (and I suppose that could have happened in one of my drops), but since it didn't cost me anything, I didn't worry too much about it.

The dealer sold me the extended warranty, but it came from Honda, and I can't imgaine that they'd be real thrilled about their dealers selling extra 4 years of warranty if it got abused very badly by the mechanics.

I get to Irving on Thursday the 2nd, meet with my niece and her fianc?e that evening, then on Friday, we move to Ft. Worth to the Omni Hotel, and the wedding is Saturday evening. I'll head west on Sunday morning.
Sounds like you have a full weekend
I was going to say if you have any deadspots in your schedule I could look you up and we could have a coke or something
But I know how wedding weekends can be
Let me know if you end up with some free time

Chris,

That video shows exactly how the NT suspension works, at least for me. It is a really smooth bike especially on roads like in the video.

I lean forward when I ride. Not like a sport bike but more like the old standard bikes. The NT is a little more upright than I am used to and pegs a little further forward. The nice thing is you can change a lot to make it fit you. I compensate for the pegs by riding with my toes on the pegs and heels on the passenger pegs. Others go the other way, by installing highway bars/pegs. I just can't ride with my feet in front of me.

Remember, if the NT has ABS a longer brake line will be needed with more than 1" risers. Not inexpensive (probably most of the cost of the Helibars kit) and not easy to come by (they have to be custom made as far as I can tell).

Good luck on your search.

3. Nearly everyone uses bar risers or replacement bars. For me, changing seat, bars, windshield and so forth are ergonomic changes I make on every bike to improve comfort. My longest day on the bike was about 800 miles, but others have ridden much farther. You can make the bike comfortable for the long haul.

http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one here that likes the original riding position of the bike ? I have not changed the bars, seat or windshield and find the bike just fine as it is. Please don't think I am strange as for years I have thought I am "normal" and don't want my bubble busted. :doh1:

Partly the bike seems to fit you well "out of the box". Partly, some of us just can't leave well enough alone. After all, just because the NT is perfect, doesn't mean we can't try to make it better (perfecter?)

Last edited:
Is there a place to download an owner's manual?

Here is a link to the thread with the Australian Owners Manual link in Post #2. As discussed they do have a few differences like HISS and lighting but it is pretty close.

Please do not post any links to any North American "bootleg" versions as that is against the Site Rules and will be deleted.

3. Nearly everyone uses bar risers or replacement bars. For me, changing seat, bars, windshield and so forth are ergonomic changes I make on every bike to improve comfort. My longest day on the bike was about 800 miles, but others have ridden much farther. You can make the bike comfortable for the long haul.

http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/

Am I the only one here that likes the original riding position of the bike ? I have not changed the bars, seat or windshield and find the bike just fine as it is. Please don't think I am strange as for years I have thought I am "normal" and don't want my bubble busted. :doh1:[/QUOTE]

I like the stock position of the NT.

Helmet lock. One of the jokes Honda pulled on this bike. :) They supply a wire loop to go through the D ring. Then you open the left lid and operate the seat latch to remove the seat. Then slip the other end of the wire loop over the "helmet lock tab". Then reinstall the seat. Then close the lid.

I bought a small cable bicycle lock and loop it through one of the grab rails. I also have an even smaller version (got them as gun locks) most of the time, also looped through the grab rail.

I liked the stock seating position. I did need a Russell seat and that raised me an inch so I got 1" bar risers.

Helmet lock. One of the jokes Honda pulled on this bike. They supply a wire loop to go through the D ring.

C'mon Charlie, you forgot to mention it does double duty by "hanging" the gas tank during routine maintenance....;) :D I use a cable gun lock to secure my helmet as well.

Back
Top Bottom