Honda F6B

elizilla

Well, after obsessing over this bike for the past year, my sweetie found one for about 20% under list, and pulled the trigger. It's his first new bike ever.

Attachments

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Congratulations on a great piece of machinery! The only thing I don't miss from my GL1800 is the too much weight, if it decided to lay down to take a break getting it up was impossible for me if I were alone.

eldon

OP
OP

elizilla

It is a gigantic machine, and we both worried about the size even as he kept circling back around to drool on it again and again. But motorcycles are emotional and I believe people should get what floats their boat. He's got plenty of experience, so I'm sure he can handle it just fine.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
It is a gigantic machine, and we both worried about the size even as he kept circling back around to drool on it again and again. But motorcycles are emotional and I believe people should get what floats their boat. He's got plenty of experience, so I'm sure he can handle it just fine.
A little off topic here, but the other day I was at the shop and they had A CTX1300 and 2014 Valkyrie side by side. I sat on them both and the Valkyrie felt much lighter and easier to manage
Not sure but I think the Valk is heavier than the CTX on paper. It felt OK to me though
Even though I wouldnt get one I'd love to test drive one

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Pretty bike! And he looks like a really happy man. Give him our congratulations.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
If I were a cruiser type that and the Guzzi California would be a the top of my list.

Bike
Silver NT700V
That is a beautiful bike. As for weight, I have only one experience sitting on one. I was shopping for bike #2 (ultimately the NT) when I happened on a lovely silver Goldwing in the demo line of the local Honda shop. I couldn't resist and sat on it and hoisted it upright. To my great surprise it was easier to lift off the side stand than my Suzuki GS500F that weighed half as much.

I know you guys will enjoy the F6.

OP
OP

elizilla

I am a couple inches taller and weigh about 15 lbs more than he does, so I'm not exactly an ideal passenger. On that bike it might work, since the bike is so heavy itself, and the passenger area is spacious. Maybe we'll try it sometime but it's not a particular goal. With troubles I have been having with my foot, I am not going to be carrying passengers anytime soon. I always found it exhausting and scary to carry passengers anyway, even when I was not so fragile, so I'm glad to just exempt myself from that whole deal. The moments when the passenger climbs on or off, are the worst moments in motorcycling, IMHO. I don't need it.

On the Ural we switch off all the time, but carrying passengers of any weight and agility level in a sidecar is easy.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
First new bike and what a big, shiny one it is indeed. He must be absolutely thrilled to bits!! Please pass on a huge congratulations!!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
A little off topic here, but the other day I was at the shop and they had A CTX1300 and 2014 Valkyrie side by side. I sat on them both and the Valkyrie felt much lighter and easier to manage
Not sure but I think the Valk is heavier than the CTX on paper. It felt OK to me though
Even though I wouldnt get one I'd love to test drive one
According to Honda the Valkyrie weighs 752, the FB6 842, the CTX1300 724 and the Goldwing 900+.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Congratulations to your friend. That is quite a first bike. The "big" Hondas are really well balanced and feel light,

OP
OP

elizilla

It's not his first bike, just the first bike he ever bought new. He's owned a lot of bikes over the years but he got them all used. Currently he also has a 1940 Ariel Square Four that he bought as a basket case, back in 1970 when it was merely old rather than a classic antique - he rode that one last weekend. There is also a 1971 Triumph Tiger that is back on the workstand since he blew a hole in the piston in April of this year, and the PC800 he is trying to sell right now, and the two dead Yamahas that he got for free somewhere. And he just sold the Moto Guzzi SP1000 a week or so ago.

He's now got 1700 miles on the F6B and still a huge grin. He took the PC800 out yesterday and says he was aware of every ergo difference; he likes the F6B ergos a lot better.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
Nice bike. I went visiting cycle shops last week while on vacation. My favorite bike seemed to change with each store I stopped at!
There are some great choices out there if you have deep pockets. And a BIG garage.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
The picture really does not do the bike justice. Saw one live -- That is one SHARP bike! I think that Honda scored a home run on that one.

Top Bottom