Honda NC 700's Become 750's

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
i'm with one of the commenters - will Honda hang some Tupperware on it and bring us a new mid-sized touring bike with shaft drive?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It seems to me that to make a good touring bike it has to be developed from the ground up. I am not sure putting wind protection and a shaft drive in the NC would make it a good touring bike. Now some would say that Honda came up with the NT650 by putting Tupperware on the Revere but I think the makeover was much more severe than that.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
i'm with one of the commenters - will Honda hang some Tupperware on it and bring us a new mid-sized touring bike with shaft drive?
Was at the International Motorcycle show yesterday in NYC. Talked to Honda people(local dealers, not national sales folk) who said the NT was NOT coming back to the US. I sat on the NC again and like the seating arrangement, storage area where the fuel tank usually is, and the gas mileage!

If they did as Doug suggests and added shaft drive and more tupperware to an expanded 750 engine, I would buy I this bike as my NT replacement in a heart beat. I probably shouldn't say this in case Honda is reading, but I will probably buy the NC as my next bike even if they don't take Doug's advice. I'm assuming that we will get the NC 750 here.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
My mind works a little differently, With all the 750 parts that are coming available I tink if I felt that the extra cubes were a necessity I would have to consider a 680 upgrade to a 750. The only real negative with the NT is the saddlebag latching hardware, although I have not had the serious problem with mine.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Was at the International Motorcycle show yesterday in NYC. Talked to Honda people(local dealers, not national sales folk) who said the NT was NOT coming back to the US. I sat on the NC again and like the seating arrangement, storage area where the fuel tank usually is, and the gas mileage!

If they did as Doug suggests and added shaft drive and more tupperware to an expanded 750 engine, I would buy I this bike as my NT replacement in a heart beat. I probably shouldn't say this in case Honda is reading, but I will probably buy the NC as my next bike even if they don't take Doug's advice. I'm assuming that we will get the NC 750 here.
Herb:

I suspect you are correct about the NT not coming back to the US market since it wasn't a stellar seller (rhyme anyone?) here, but I'm curious whether Honda has a replacement in mind for the UK/Euro market? That market, after all, is what the NT was designed for. So far as I can gather from reading the UK/Euro forums the NT/CTX platforms haven't caught fire there as of yet. If Honda doesn't bring out a mid-size sport touring bike for that market, then it seems that they are willing to abandon that niche to BMW. I can't believe Honda would do that.

Mike

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
When I was shopping for my bike, it came down to the NT and the NC700x, so I could make the transition to the NC750x with no problem...especially with the DCT option.
After the poor latch issues on the NT, I will not likely ever own a bike with integrated panniers again, so panniers will always be extra for me in the future, not a big deal.

Bob

The Integra scooter with the same motor, etc has a half decent fairing so that would be easy for honda. The shaft drive would be a harder thing to retrofit but perhaps a belt drive.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Herb:

I suspect you are correct about the NT not coming back to the US market since it wasn't a stellar seller (rhyme anyone?) here, but I'm curious whether Honda has a replacement in mind for the UK/Euro market? That market, after all, is what the NT was designed for. So far as I can gather from reading the UK/Euro forums the NT/CTX platforms haven't caught fire there as of yet. If Honda doesn't bring out a mid-size sport touring bike for that market, then it seems that they are willing to abandon that niche to BMW. I can't believe Honda would do that.

Mike
Wasn't aware that the NC wasn't catching on that well in Europe. I agree that the sport touring market is Euro based and Honda will have to have a nod size competitor to the F 800 GT. we'll see. I've still got a bunch of miles left in my NT.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
The Integra scooter with the same motor, etc has a half decent fairing so that would be easy for honda. The shaft drive would be a harder thing to retrofit but perhaps a belt drive.
I'd like to see them bring the Integra to the 'States, but its unlikely as long as they continue to sell the Silverwing...the Integra is a far superior product and sells for less, so I don't think we will ever see it here.

Its just like cellphones, we get the crappy hardware and networks, then pay more than the rest of the world. (just call me the jaded, cynical consumer)

Top Bottom