Honda Top Box hard to access?

Bike
bike#61=2010NT700,silver
Is it just me or is the Honda top box a real pain in the butt to open and close? I get the feeling it was designed by the same guy who invented Rubiks Cube. Maybe there's a trick to this, but I sure can't figure it out.

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
I used to think exactly the same, but I have no trouble with mine now. And the thing is, I don't think there is any particular knack to it, maybe its just practice.

The only thing I will say is I no longer try and turn the key to lock it without first ensuring that the catch has engaged and the lid is secure.

Of course I am assuming that the Honda top box is the same here in the UK.

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
I had problems trying to one hand it when opening, as the latch would seem to catch. Then I didn't get it fastened one day and I lost the little slotted rubber piece and I also cleaned the slot out where the catch goes, real good. I don't know if it had some sticky stuff in it , or if not having the rubber piece makes the difference, but now, when I unlock it, the latch falls away every time.
Also, a word to the wise....2 years ago, I put a partial left over bowl , with cellophane cover, of my wife's famous Italian Salad in the top box to come home from a church potluck. It of course turned over and leaked some juice out. I have scrubbed, Fabreezed it, Lysoled it, rescrubbed, left open to air out , put a box of baking soda in it, and two years later, every time I open it, I still get a whiff of that spicy salad.

Bike
2011 NT
My givi box took a while for me to get the hang of it. All is good now after a month of using it.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I put a Givi top case on my bike this year and it took a while to install the muscle memory to open the lid without releasing the case. Works fine now. Give it some time.

Top Bottom