Hondaline Trunk Keys

JKOVAL

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I purchased the Genuine Honda(line) Trunk and mountings as part of the deal with my 2010 NT700V. The dealer cannot get Honda to respond nor can I after I spoke with "Ty" at Honda Powersports Directly on how to obtain additional topcase keys short of stopping randomly at various locksmiths to see if they can come up with a blank that will work. My dealer also called GIVI and whoever they spoke with at GIVI didn't have any info that GIVI is making the 45liter Hondaline top box for Honda. My keys are a number 150 and the red plastic ear on them strongly resembles GIVI keys. I can't believe Honda's response for keys to a $600 accessory was "keep trying more locksmiths... we can't help you" So far, 2 for 2 good locksmiths have sent me packing. Any suggestions ??

I could send you a Givi lock cylinder and key, just so you can try to install it to your case. If it works, then you know that Givi locks and keys work. Givi doesn't sell key blanks but they sell lock sets for two, three, or five matching lock cylinders, and each cylinder has two keys. So a two cylinder set would have four key, a three cylinder set would have six keys, etc. No one says you have to use all the cylinders. :) And the sets aren't that expensive.

Kinda roundabout, but if it works, it gets you where you want to be. Send me a PM. I have a bag full of singleton Givi locks left over after keying my stuff all alike.

Honda emailed me a "Satisfaction Survey" 08/13 based upon my speaking with "Ty" at Honda Powersports on 08/02 and I rated their product support as low on the survey as their scale would let me. There was no field to enter "please contact me" in the survey. Elizilla, thank you very much for your kind offer. I may take you up on it but for the moment I am morbidly enjoying this exercise in futility ! I feel strongly that GIVI makes the Hondaline 45L Top Case. The red plastic ears on my key appear identical when compared to the red ears on a GIVI #300 series key but the metal part of the keys are dramatically different. Another locksmith has my #150 trunk key and is going to try to match it up on 08/14. Will keep you'all informed as to progress or the more probable lack of it. I also sent Honda Powersports a Return Receipt Request Letter last week asking for an explanation as to why they can't provide replacement keys (or blanks OR a generic blank manufacturers' SKU) for the 45L trunk keys and I also requested HONDA let me take the NT back to the Dealer and have the Dealer remove the trunk and mountings and after doing so that HONDA refund me all expenses for and associated with having the dealer install the trunk. Yeah, I know with a request like that the higher ups at HONDA (and some reading this) are or will be rolling on the floor laughing at me ! If I hear nothing by end of next week my plan is to call to a Pittsburgh PA TV Station or two and inquire if they'd be interested in featuring the "no replacement keys" for the $600 Hondaline Trunk on one of their "Consumer Action Lines." At least the Hondaline trunk should be listed with a disclaimer stating something like "HONDA provides 2 keys with this trunk and assumes no responsibility for assuring that replacement keys will be available." Sidenote: A local locksmith cut me generic perfectly functioning ignition keys for my 2010 out of an ILCO X265 which is also stamped as an ILCO HD109. As always folks, thank you for insights and support and don't forget that my opinons and observations and 99 cents gets you something from the 99 cent menu !!

That's what I offered to send to him - I have a whole sackful of Givi locks, from keying things alike. :)

Anybody have a Givi Monokey top case Key #144. Mine broke after 8.5 years of use. I am using the spare right now but will need to get another. Again Givi key #144. I will even take another lock with two keys if necessary. Thanks

Last edited:
I have 073, 277, 298, and 187. I can send you a cylinder with two keys if you need, just PM and tell me where to send them.

If anyone has any 058 cylinders, I would be happy to trade for them - I have a five-lock set that is 058, and seven cases that I'd like to key alike.

You'all have it right ! I lose keys faster than politicians can break campaign promises. I want to have multiple #150 leys that solely work only on the Hondaline 45L topcase. I appreciate the FANTASTIC help offered but want to pursue Honda for selling the topcase with what appears to be no way to have, say, 4 keys to the travel trunk short of relying on Elizilla or ordering keys-cylinders per the url.

Oh, and another interesting factoid about the Givi keys/locks. Not all are quite alike. The E55 Maxia case uses a slightly different lock cylinder. I was unable to fit a 058 cylinder into it to match my other stuff, though I might be able to do it if I just get more serious with dremels and drills and whatnot. It's very close. I'm sure a pro locksmith would have tricks for this. Since the NT didn't have any other Givis I set that project aside for the time being. I also had to use the dremel on the metal collar around the lock of my E45 case, to fit the same lock cylinder into it that was a direct fit to the E360s - but this is a third type; the lock I pulled out of the E45 doesn't fit the E55 either.

So they really are not as standardized as all that, even within the Givi line.

Problem solved Saturday 08/13 ! Locksmith in Uniontown,Pa, was able to make keys that work perfectly for my Hondaline/Givi 45L case with #150 keys from ILCO blanks X132 @ $2 per key. Thank you to all for input/offers of assistance ! :)

A locksmith can also "repin" the lock cylinders to make one key fit every givi or honda box you have... as long as the key blanks are the same.

Mike

I hope the X132 helps. Locksmith said the ILCO X132 key blank was the same blank as a popular on top of the car cargo carrier. I was at 4 or 5 locksmiths until I found this locksmith. He has keys for old defunct Simca cars.... the place reminded me of shops from days gone by.... he has coyote and racoon pelts drying in the shop.... its Ed and Marks locksmith in Uniontown. Pa. in case they could possibly help someone else out... Saturday is about the only day they're actually at the shop... rest of the week is hit n miss. Hope you get 'er fixed.

Up-date on my Givi E360 top box broken key. The key was a #144 and broke in half,which left me with only one key. Katherine sent me a cylinder with two keys but it was a bit to large for my Box. I did not feel like filing the box to fit the cylinder so I sent it back. Today after one strike out at Ace Hardware, they referred me to a lock smith and safe shop a few miles from my place in Denver. They had the blank, a ILCO X111 and I had 2 keys cut for 6 bucks. They said if they had the parts they would re-key all my Givi locks for 10 bucks a lock. Still thinking about that.

I'd be willing to create and maintain a listing of turnk/original key number/ILCO replacement key if anyone else feels that it'd be of use.

Back
Top Bottom