Horn Selection for NT

tawilke46

Does anyone know of a more potent aftermarket horn for the NT that is a straight up replacement of the OEM horn? Unbolt OEM horn, bolt in new horn?
Would prefer not to fool with wiring, relays, etc. if it is not necessary.:shrug2:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
With the low current capacity of the existing wiring it is going to be really hard to get much more noise... The Horn is on a 10Amp fuse that also has the front and rear brake light switches on the circuit. That is why most folks go with a wiring kit to use the stock wiring to control a relay with heavier gauge wiring back to the battery...

Eastern Beaver makes some very nice "plug and play" Horn wiring kits with relays and heavier wiring at a reasonable price.... Pick the new horn you want then get a wiring kit to match it...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
If you look at the space allowed for the stock horn, there isn't anything in the aftermarket that will fit into that tiny space
and as Wayne mentioned, the standard wires are about the size of speaker wire! I mounted two Fiamm horns, one on each
side + a relay and it sounds great plus can be heard at a great distance.

rulbe

I had a left over stebel and was able to mount it I the right side fairing. Tight fit but works!

YKnot

Being the cheap man that I am, I found a FIAMM Technologies single horn down at my local NAPA for 20 bucks. It calls for (only) a 10 Amp fuzed circuit - same as stock - and I found that it draws only 5 amps. I'm going to try a simple replacement and see how that goes. (They claim 132 Db (doubtful, but it WAS very load when I tried it via battery.)
How did that work out for you?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Does anyone know of a more potent aftermarket horn for the NT that is a straight up replacement of the OEM horn? Unbolt OEM horn, bolt in new horn?
Would prefer not to fool with wiring, relays, etc. if it is not necessary.:shrug2:
I remember chuck twlling me that he has found something that he thinks is bettr / louder than the Nautius Stebil while we were at Rocky's in colrado Colorado but my memory doesn't remember what I was

eldon

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Harbor Freight knock offs of the FIAMM dual tone horns. $10.00 for the pair. I put a set on my Wee and I have a set of Fiamms on my ST1300. When my next major service comes up again on the NT I will take my Stebil out and put a set of 10 dollar HF knock offs in. I think they are louder and there is no compressor to go bad overtime because of heat. That is what happened to the Stebils on the ST1300. YMMV

PS: These are NOT bolt in replacement for STOCK

Last edited:

YKnot

Yep, it's good. Much better than stock. Not as melodic or loud as a dual blower, but deer DO look at me and then move on. I'm very happy w it.
Sounds like I may go that route. I am not crazy about the compressor driven ones as they are prone to failure after a few years of heat exposure from what I have read. Since I live in Central Texas, heat exposure is a factor. I don't want to have a horn that fails when I need it.

Bike
2011 Black NT700
What is the Db rating of the stock horn?
Just wondering, Clint

Top Bottom