How far over 8K did you go for service?

prof98801

I have 7900 miles on the NT and have a 1000 mile trip planned for this weekend. That would put me at about 9000 miles on the NT before getting the 8000 mile service. Was just wondering how many miles over the 8000 you had before having the service done?

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the trip. These service intervals are not cast in granite. Bring it in when it is convenient for you. It makes no sense being a slave to some arbitrary service schedule.

elizilla

I agree with Sailariel. I might do an oil change at home, before the trip, but I wouldn't sweat the rest of it.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I'm nearing my 8k service as well and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking. Now my main concern is rear tire wear and how much more I can run the original.

I will make this wild assumption that the tires are OK. The stock BS020 don't go very long. I got 12k and that was probably stretching it. I was into the wear bars and the front well cupped.
My bike stands at 18k. I have changed oil at 5-6k intervals using Honda Gold label. Changed the rear oil at 600miles. Had the bike inspected by Honda dealer at 600 but left off the valves alone due to the absurd expense,time, and advise from Europe saying wait til 25k. Have not changed the plugs or air filter and stil get 52mpg.
For what it is worth.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Checking valves may seem like a waste of time & money but sometimes the peace of mind is worth it. Especially on a new to you bike that you don't have a service history on.
Going a few miles over should not be any big deal unless you have reason to suspect a problem and in that case you should fix the problem before a trip.

Brad

Top Bottom