How I think to flood an NT

Just so no one else does this. Was stopped watching some parachutists at a local field, went to restart my NT and guess what it just turns and turns and does not start. Then I realized that I just might have had my grip on the throttle just enough to turn it as I was cranking. So I crank some more and no fire and some more and no fire and just when I thought it was push it home time it fires out of the blue, runs just fine and does not give me any error codes or anything. It has not repeated this occurance and I don't plan to either. And neither should anyone else.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Wonder if that's what was doing? Mine's in the shop now for failure to start. I double checked everything except where my right hand was. Blessing in disguise though. When they got it off the tow truck the service manager told me my clutch cable was frayed. new one due in tomorrow.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mine's in the shop now for failure to start. I double checked everything except where my right hand was. Blessing in disguise though. When they got it off the tow truck the service manager told me my clutch cable was frayed

Still no diagnosis from the dealer about the failure to start, huh?

Where was the clutch cable frayed (handle end or clutch end)?

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
My first ST1300 developed intermittent electrical problems. When taken to the shop it turned out rats had chewed on the wiring harness.:mad1:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I read elsewhere of a single (?) failure to what is commonly known as the "throttle position sensor," but in Hondaspeak it
has a different name which I can't recall at this time.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Phil,

No word yet. The clutch cable was frayed at the top (handle) end. There was a small bind there from putting on the MCL risers. If there was slack to be had, I could not find it. I gave the shop the part number for the Tans Alp cable so we'll try that one.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck,

I've never liked the way my clutch cable looks coming off the handle and I couldn't tell that it changed that angle at all when I added MCL's bar risers. It's not a cable run I would have been happy with on any of my bicycles.

bicyclist

Reminds me I should put a little grease on the cable barrel.

Top Bottom