How to Ride like a Cop - Ryan Challenges Police Motor Course

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Some literature:

Attending advanced riding (and driving) trainings ever since I got my license...
GF (NT700VA) and I (ST1100Y) join the ones held by the Vienna motorcycle police pretty much annually...
costly, exhausting, but the hard work is worth every minute... even if it's only a 5~6 hours springtime/basic warm-up training... (there one and two day trainings avail as well...)

Not needing to worry about repairs/costs they're riding the clutch a lot in that video/training shown... (that poor CX... ;) )
Which RPM to choose/hold depends on engine character (no of cylinders, low end torque, etc...)
Not mentioned is that you control your speed with the rear brake... would be a bit difficult with the counter-seating shown... so we're more on the "tilt your pelvis" technique (won't work with a concave saddle, like a Corbin, absolutely fine with convex original seats) and smooth transitions into the other two cornering styles, as the track combines all forms of obstacles, from narrow U-turns to fast corners... also the "brake hard - release - swerve - brake hard again" avoidance maneuvers (the typical cager pulling out parking lot/exit situation)...

Reactions: ett
Top Bottom