How would I remove decal ?

jackgermain

would like to remove the NT700V decals from both sides of bike. Has anyone done this ? If so how did you do it ? Is it as simple as get one end up and peel it off ?
Thanks for the help

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
A member of this forum, Skiper, did this. I asked him how he did it and said he just pecked at it with his fingernail and the stickers came off. When I asked him why, he said he just wanted a cleaner look. You won't find a more proud NT owner anywhere, stickers or not.

OP
OP

jackgermain

What's the matter? Not proud of your NT?
I am very proud of my bike. As I have said in previous posts I really enjoy it. I have owned way over 120 plus bikes in my life and would put the NT in the top 5 ! I am the type of guy who does not like decals on the bike. Heck, I don't even like have Toyota stamp on the back of my truck. I like the real sleeper look and I find that it is very inviting to people for conversations. When they look at the bike and can not figure out what I am riding they always come over and ask what type of bike it is, once that happens then I can give them some information about it -- thus displaying my pride !!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My reply was in jest. As far as I am concerned you can remove the decals and paint your NT pink.

OP
OP

jackgermain

Thank you Mellow and Joe, I am going to try using the hair dryer this weekend. Also want to remove that decal telling me to wear a helmet, I really do not like that one at all. Wishing everyone a great day from the North West Washington State - Jack

maverick1062a

I've been thinking of removing the decals of mine too for the same reasons as Jackgermain. I was told by a friend to use a hair dryer and fsihing line to get under it. Let us know how it works out.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't think fishing line would help with decal removal. It would help with the removal of something like the Honda nameplate on the rear fender.

People used to use it to remove the "Kawasaki" from the gas tanks of the old Concours.

OP
OP

jackgermain

OK Folks, I removed the two NT700v decals and the one that is on the gas tank telling me to wear a helmet. It was a very simple job. I followed the advice given and used a hair drier and they came off easy. I like the looks of the bike a lot better. The bike now as a bigger mystery than before. Before people would always ask me what it was, now more than ever I get to engage in conversation and tell them what a GREAT bike it is. Removing the decals gave me the look I wanted - more of a sleeper - not announcing look (I hope that makes sense). Anyways - Thanks to all for the advice and have a great day. Also = will follow up with pic when I get the chance.

skiper

A member of this forum, Skiper, did this. I asked him how he did it and said he just pecked at it with his fingernail and the stickers came off. When I asked him why, he said he just wanted a cleaner look. You won't find a more proud NT owner anywhere, stickers or not.
Thanks Fieroguy... I do like the look now, Honda is all over anyhow and it's fun answering the curious bikers q's. I've met lot's of people this way and sparked many great conversations. I just have to say , I want my NTV. Oh yeah, the jjoke about pink NT reminds me - Fieroguy and I stumbled on - Big Pink - the house outside of Woodstock . You know , the one which held The Band and Bob Dylan during some of their most creative moments. It's still bright pink. Wow so much stuff happened there that has influenced so many... really was an inspiring thing. And when a 60's style chopper ( straight out of easy rider ) with Captain America driving that motor hard - went bye - I knew the Feng Shui was surely with us. Larry , that was a truly great ride - thanks. And riding with another NT is quite sweet. Think I'm gonna listen to the Band right now... over and out... Ralph

Top Bottom