Hummmmm

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I wouldn't want to add the weight to valve stems. Valve stem fatigue and breaking is bad.

Brad

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup, unless you have metal valve stems, fuggetaboutit. The Motion Activated Disco Toilet Bowl Light looks mighty tempting tho'....

:rofl1:

Mike

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Chris. Are you related to Inspector Gadget :)
More like Red Green. But the facebook movies of the motorcycle valve stems glowing might get one noticed more at night....(this is a fantisy I have...yesterday, I had my car headlights on in broad daylight and a woman pulled out in front of me)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
More like Red Green
No, Red Green wouldn't change his power steering fluid. If he did he'd just use some drained crankcase oil or used cooking oil. And if he had any lights on anything they wouldn't work.

He is my hero too. I use a fameous quote from Red Green all the time - "This is just temporary - unless it works"

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
OK. He'p me out...who's Red Green?

Woodaddict has some pretty neat wheel lights -- they use an LED light which shines on some photo-luminescent tape on his wheels.

Attachments

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Phil, Red Green is a Canadian comic that fixes everything with duct tape and builds all sorts of things that never work. He is one step worse than Tim Taylor Tool Time. His show is on PBS, usually Saturday evenings here. He is bad enough to make the rest of us feel pretty good.

For example on one episode he fixed a flat tire with duct tape. No, he didn't repair the leak with duct tape, he taped the spare tire to the flat tire with duct tape because his lug nuts were rusted on.

Search the internet.

Last edited:

Tonydtiger1971

Has anyone seen the reflective decal kit for the 650? Would it work on our 700?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've got reflective decals on the back of my NT. I've sent an email to the guy who I think made them to see if he's still in business. I'll let you know what I hear.

In the picture on the left, my NT is the bike on the right.

The center picture shows how the Tailbrights look in the daylight.

The right picture doesn't show them as brightly as they look from directly behind.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I think anything reflective, like our jackets, is a plus. I avoid riding at night as much as I can, which is alot....I dont see as well as I did and there are too many armadillos out there....and those deer with the kamakazi head bands....
Chris

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I got a reply from Larry Buck about the Tailbrights:

2 attachments (793 KB) Download all

Save all to OneDrive - Personal

Phil,

Great to hear from you! I've been following you on the LD list.
I have a few sets in stock and can make more. Do you have an idea of how many owners might order a set?
Pricing would be $32, delivered via USPS. Easiest way to order would be to send the payment via Paypal to this email address.
Let me know if you need more info. Pictures attached. The daylight pix was taken indoors but the flash went off anyway. I does show each panel. The night pix is self explanitory.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I was going to suggest some of the reflective tape they make for wheels. I have red tape on mine, and they show up quite well.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I think anything reflective, like our jackets, is a plus. I avoid riding at night as much as I can, which is alot....I dont see as well as I did and there are too many armadillos out there....and those deer with the kamakazi head bands....
Chris
Chris,
I'm with you on riding at night. I have, however, found some glasses at Walgreen's that are supposed to help eliminate glare. I bought a set and they do help quite a bit. They have light yellow lenses similar to those in shooting glasses. They turn oncoming headlights yellow and do eliminate a lot of glare. I think they are worth $10.00.

Tonydtiger1971

Don't have much of a choice, I've been moved to graveyard and the NT is my main source of commuting. What I see there is close, it was the yellow reflective, but it would be cooler if the reflective was silver in the day so it blends in till the light hits it and cover the front and sides, just not completely. Hmmm, maybe a reflective silver wrap.... I should call Red up.

Top Bottom