I am leaving

Bike
2010 red NT
Traded the NT off on a 2020 650 Versys. I like the way it travels and it's just more fun.IMG_3500.JPGIf cats could text you back, they wouldn't.

I traded in my NT only a year after I bought it. It just wasn’t right for me.

BUT, I stuck around THIS forum because of the wry, witty, and sometimes arcane conversations. Along with the ST forum, some of the best on the web, IMHO.

And, if you want a full dose of all us folks, show up at the annual NT / ST gathering in Spearfish each summer. Good times around the campfire, and great rides aplenty!

sorry folks bad title.
Not getting rid of me that easy. I like what I read here and I like what I know of you good people.
Yes I am sticking around and adding my two bits from time to time.
MA
May God bless you all.

Well... when you joined you picked the username Versysguy so it's not like the writing wasn't on the wall :rofl1:

Yeah, no reason to leave, heck I run the place (sorta) and have never had an NT. :nuts:

Stick around. I have, sorta, The last Honda I had was an NT, and that was almost 6 1/2 years ago. I now have two Versys. a 1000LT SE and the little X300. For my 650cc I have a V-Strom. Round it all out with a FJR 1300. So as you can see no need to go anywhere. Plenty of other bikes and expertise to go with them. I think on this NT Forum there are more other brands than NTs.

Stick around. I have, sorta, The last Honda I had was an NT, and that was almost 6 1/2 years ago. I now have two Versys. a 1000LT SE and the little X300. For my 650cc I have a V-Strom. Round it all out with a FJR 1300. So as you can see no need to go anywhere. Plenty of other bikes and expertise to go with them. I think on this NT Forum there are more other brands than NTs.
I agree. Now I am here for the people....Lots of us dont have NTs any more. We would be interested in your thoughts on the V.

Your Versys looks to be the same as mine. You have good taste. I traded the NT for a 2020 Versys with the same paint scheme as yours last year.
I'm still liking it. I wish it came with a centerstand but a shop stand works well. The suspension adjustments are a better fit for me than the NT.
My opinion may degrade some when I get to dig into deeper maintenance stuff.

Brad

Last edited:
I added a electronic chain oiler. And I have a very nice set of LED bulbs for headlight that I will add when I open it to put the relay and stuff in. The horn was updated along with a Puig windshield. I found a brake light module under the seat that pulses the tail light and I have several sets of driving lights, jus need mounts.
The NT only liked smooth roads. I had a few 1980s hondas and the NT suspension did seem any better. It got overwhelmed to easy.
I am pretty sure Brad that there was only one color. But it's the color I would choose if I had been given a choice. Now I just need to learn to use antilock brakes.
Do you still have the RZ ?

The horn was updated along with a Puig windshield. I found a brake light module under the seat that pulses the tail light and I have several sets of driving lights, jus need mounts.

Any suggestions on a replacement horn? I'm actually shopping for one, just not sure I'm comfortable with excessive wiring or adding a relay fuse. It looks like it shouldn't be terribly difficult to replace.

The oiler is a Scottoiler esystem, i got it from Twisted Throttle for my 2012 bike.,
It puts one drop of oil on at the interval you choose. I had it set at once every 45 sec. it kept the chain lubed and didn't oil the rim or tire. It has a motion sensor that turns it on when you start and continue moving.. I am putting it on the new bike because it removes a headache, it really does work.

Hey Jason on my last Versys I used a set of Hella horns. Never had a problem. Just put them in place of the stock horn.
IMG_3533.jpg
On the new bike I have it has a PIAA horn. Don't know model number. But it is loud and middle tone.

Its good that we can change our toys to suit our moods and age levels..I traded my Versys for the NT and was very happy the way the Honda protected me from the cold and rain..During my 4 years with the Honda and 28000 miles I also liked the distances that could be covered during the day without getting beaten up by the weather. All good things must end when I damn near dropped it off the ramp when changing the rear tire and I realised I couldnt manhandle the bike like l used to...The CB500X replaced the NT and l have found that it suits my old man riding habits better that l ever hoped for....but l still miss some of the attributes the NT afforded me.

Back
Top Bottom