I love my Riding Gear, but I need some street clothes that don't take up much room.

Bike
2010 NT700V

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Look in the Aerostitch catalog. They have some clothing thats fits your description.

Bike
Silver NT700V
You don't say whether you want to wear this under your rifding suit or pack it, or both. In any case you might check REI, or similar camping/outdoor stores. Most anything suitable for camping or backpacking will find application here. Most of the stuff packs small, dries fast and is durable. I wear regular street clothes under my gear all the time. On long trips I wear non-cotton base layers and "camping pants" with zip off legs and non-cotton t-shirts. In the luggage I just pack whatever street clothes I need based on the destination. Even took a sport coat on one trip. It travelled fine in my top case.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up.

Chuck

You can try if you can find them Columbia 6 pocket shorts for warm weather. Get the 100% nylon that come with a liner. I have worn these for years under my various armored pants (currently Olympus) with success in very warm weather. They are very compact if you pack them but I have always worn them under the armor and if I want to get more comfortable just take the armor off. A 100% polyester tee of your choice is my usual top under the jacket again with the same reasoning.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Depends on how long you want to walk around and in what weather. The problem is what do you do with your riding gear when you want to take a walk?

If I am stopping for less than an hour I just walk around in my riding gear. If warm out will take off the jacket. I have a cable lock that I run through the arm of the jacket and D ring of the helmet. Just enough to keep kids from taking off with the gear. I don't wear pants under my riding pants.

If I plan on hiking then that's another issue. Find a campground, set up the camp, then go hike. For some reason tents and camping gear do not seem to get stolen as often as stuff left on a bike in a parking area.

If I am riding the bike to work or dinner or some other non-travel event I'll just wear my kevlar lined jeans. They are also good for short hikes.

Nicole

Under my riding gear on long trips I wear bike shorts/capris and tops made of similar material with a built in bra.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
+1 on the REI suggestion. My wife got some great light weight stuff there for our European motorcycle
Adventure. She loves their stuf but it ain't cheap.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
On long trips, I wear bike shorts under my ICON pants. I also have Kevlar jeans. Nylon pants with zip off pant legs are a good bet for wandering around. I carry a pair of boat shoes in my duffel. T-Shirts and Golf Shirts are always good. I have Joe Rocket Honda Jacket and a black leather jacket and vest. I take both jackets and vest. My boots are fine for walking. On long trips, I take an extra pair of boots. Everything fits well into the bike luggage (I have the large Panniers and top case) I have a duffel that I can lock on the bike with a cable lock.

Bike
2011 NT700 ABS (Frodo)
As usual I go a slightly different way.

On tour I use the Bohn Armor pants as ?long john? type armored and evaporative layer under faded blue or gray jeans as the sun-reflective outer layer. Yeah, there are ?jockey? shorts of anti-microbial, quick dry stuff too, just to save washings of the Bohn. On top I wear the quick-dry (not cotton) tee shirt type evaporative layer against skin, then 100% of the riding time an armored mesh (all mesh) jacket.

When riding Death Valley or Big Bend type places a cut-off sweatshirt of old style cotton gets soaked with water, like my helmet and jeans do, but a lighter weight layer of a safari jacket, military type shirt-jac, or my vented outer jacket goes on top of the armored mesh layer. This slows the evap cooling to last about 3 hours or so. Nothing helps of course if you?re stopped in traffic in that heat, but you sure feel the difference when rolling again.

One of those cooling vests designed for the purpose works the same as the cut-off sweatshirt, but the sweatshirt material rolls up smaller when not in use.

When the temps drop or bad ju-ju cometh, the more typical outer layers, overpants and overjacket without the armor (I?ve already got that below) get unrolled and added to the jeans and mesh jacket layers. Without the armor it rolls up smaller/tighter. If it get really ugly I put the Gerbing heated gear (or whatever) against the tee shirt layer, and add the quilted liner to the outer pants (again, I?m armored by Bohn as bottom layer) .

Now, when going in a restaurant, museum, or to get that Nat?l Park stamp, I can choose to peel the outer layers, roll them small (no armor) and cable lock them to the seat like Charlie B talked about, and go in with only the mesh jacket (it has my wallet) and jeans. For fancy places I can put the wallet in my jeans, cable the mesh jacket too, and slide on the safari jacket to look almost like I?m house-broken.:redface:

I know it?s not the way most folks go, but it?s worked for me for the last 300K miles in USA and Europe. (OBTW: I never get guided tours. I just figure it out on my days off, thanks.) You can see my testimonial to Bohn at actionstations.com, if you?d like and if it?s still there. It?s five or six years old now, but there's not a word of a lie in it.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
+1 on the REI suggestion. My wife got some great light weight stuff there for our European motorcycle
Adventure. She loves their stuf but it ain't cheap.
Yup. Most of what we carry when we travel is from REI. Ex-Officio stuff, etc. You're right, it certainly isn't cheap, but its comfortable, takes up much less space than jeans and such and you can wash in a sink and it'll be dry by morning (most of the time). Their clothing looks good and they don't wrinkle either.

Top Bottom