[Review] Icon Alliance Hi-Viz

stupidmonkey

Had this helmet for about a year now. I found it to be quite comfortable over the HJC and Hawk types and it also fit the shape of my head a bit better. I'm a medium.

It comes with all the usual fog-free, easy visor switching, etc. Linear is removable for washing. The lid is a little hard to open with one hand when completely closed but is more of a positive than a negative. The clips that hold the visor in are a bit of a pain to take off and I ended up snapping one but still holds fine.

Noise is fairly low when the shield is down fully. There are 3 breather units to open and close, one for the front of the mouth and two on the head. Seems to get good reviews all around. I would pick up another if something happened to this one.

It is in the middle of the pack for price, around $220.

Pic:
http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4224&d=1334105345

YKnot

I am looking at getting an Icon Alliance Dark for my everyday helmet. I had HJC in the past (10 years ago), and I was... unimpressed.

I am ordering one today from RevZilla for $150 and free shipping. :)

Thanks for the review as the overall design has not changed since your review.

gssurfer

I have the hi-viz yellow and after having many different High-end helmets, I've been impressed with this one. I've had it over a year and have been very satisfied and recommend it as well.

gssurfer

Not sure if you're asking me however, my head shape is more oval/round. Typically, Arai helmets fit great and shoei typically do not... Hope this helps

Top Bottom