I'm having cold feet....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck, I hadn't even thought about the fact that I've got the OEM Honda undercowl! Maybe that's why my TCX boot work so well.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Phil,
I have the same cowl and have to say that even though it looks somewgat miniscule, a lot of engineering went into it--just like the wind deflectors. With my Joe Rocket boots--really no different from the Tourmaster Solution boot, my feet are warm. Before I had the cowl, they were cold--same boots. I think that any boot would work well with the Honda Undercowl.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I think you're right about the engineering that went into the undercowl, Alex. Partly because of the inflexibility of my knees, I end up having my toes pointing down and they do get wet, but still haven't gotten cold.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I rode all last winter--except when the roads were slushy and icy. The Rocket boots ( Virtually identical to Tourmaster Solution) with a pair of wool socks worked well in temperatures well below freezing. Icing on the face shield was sometimes a problem with the Nolan. Will see if the Bell Revolver is better--seems to have much better air flow. The wind deflectors help a lot too. If this winter is at all like last winter, I'll be riding again.

Alex, a pinlock shield made a world of difference for me, virtualy no fogging or icing thru the winter although we do not have near the humidity that you do. jim

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
The Nolan had the pinlock shield and iced up whenever the temperature got into the twenties.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
My Schuberth doesn't ice up at 20F, but if the humidity is high enough, I do get some fogging, even with the Pinlock.

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
Chuck, we're in the Palestine area. We ride to Nacogdoches every once in a while just for some of that LumberJack Java. Was real close today when we rode through Henderson on our way back to Tyler then on back home.

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
Phil, yes it does get pretty darn hot here in the summer months and we ride in the heat with the help of bandanas sewn up with some kind of crystals that when you soak them in water for a few minutes they will swell up and hold the water for many hours. They're fabulous on the rides. Also helps to wet down our heads at gas/drink stops. The only time it was really miserable was stopped at signal lights. Always try to keep moving.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Chuck, we're in the Palestine area. We ride to Nacogdoches every once in a while just for some of that LumberJack Java. Was real close today when we rode through Henderson on our way back to Tyler then on back home.
Last time I was up that way was the Two Wheeled Texan Pie Run to Edna, between Tyler and Fort Worth. Check up out on Two Wheeled Texans (TWT.com). The pie runs are rides-to-eat for luch an the last Saturday of the month. Locations vary around the state. Its a good croud of touring minded riders.

Top Bottom