Installation instructions/drawings or .pdf file

elizilla

Dannyjo,

I never installed a Honda topcase rack. I installed the Givi, decided I could make something better, and took the Givi off again. The Givi had a lot of parts beyond what's in my picture and I can hardly remember them all. So I don't know why your bolts are all the same but your spacers are different. Maybe the rack has differences between the various mount points. Also, I know the Honda rack has some built in play in it, it's supposed to improve handling somehow (don't ask me to explain that one). I don't know how they accomplish that, but perhaps the rubber donuts are part of it.

The square flanged nuts, which I describe upthread as "funny rectangular nuts" each fit into a rectangular recess on the bottom of the grab rail, and there are tiny plastic fingers molded into the grab rail that reach around one edge and create a sort of holder, so they stay in place fairly well, it's not hard to keep them in place long enough to screw the bolt into them. And once the bolt is screwed into them from above, they're not going anywhere.

CoolNT

Dannyjo,
Also, keep in mind that you don't have to go through the trouble of removing the grab rails. I would tie a thick thread to the flange nuts and fish them up and also help keep 'em in place so you can snap 'em in place.

Top Bottom