Interesting scam

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I have been scammed now twice on third party amazon. I wont loose any money but its pretty interesting how it works. I will tell the story chronilogically and you will see how they do it.
I go on Amazon and see a rare 45/60 Lee Precision set of reloading dies. Limited production. Sold by LG Outdoors. $47. Brand new.

So I buy it. But what comes is a $35 Lee Precision hand priming tool. Inside the package is an invoice from LG that says "Lee Hand priming tool. " But the price is correct for the dies.

So I go on amazon, tell the seller I want the correct item, and send back the wrong item. Right after I got the shipping lable printed out, a new order appears for the correct item. Fine.
I take the reciept for the return shipping and make sure that LG gets the wrong item they sent back.
Just as soon as they do, their re-order dissapears!!! Canceled by LG. No refund either.

So I call Amazon. They check out everything I told them, right down to the time the package was delivered back to LG, and the lady I talked with talks to a supervisor and they open a case against LG and give me a refund right away.

So I go back on Amazon, find a company called "UNCP" which has the same ad for the same dies. Only they are $41. I order them.
What comes is a Lee Hand Priming tool!" Imagine that. Only this time 5 of the 12 shell holders are missing. So I box them up, get a return lable and request a refund, stating that not only is this the wrong item, but there are missing pieces. I take a picture.

Tomorrow, I call Amazon and let them know what is happening. Even companies like walmart sell these dies BUT FROM A THIRD PARTY. They could be fake too.
I will let you know what Amazon says. I suspect they will wait till they are sure "UNCP" has the package back, and doesnt issue a refund....and they will give me my money back....PITA to keep track of all this but its a good lesson. I am sure the scammers figure out a certain percentage of people just give up.....and when they get caught, they just change their name.

Top Bottom