Is it just first rides of the season or Hot engine?

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Hey Guys:

Finally catching up on all the "honey-do" projects and with the beautiful weather we've been having got the bike out for some nice 60 - 90 mile rides.

When stopping I notice more heat coming up from the engine then I remember last season. I've checked the coolant and all is within spec. The temperature gauge shows normal operating temperatures, and only once while sitting at a long traffic light did the fan come on for just a few moments.

So. . . is it just that I have forgotten the heat that comes off the engine after having put more recent miles on my Vespa GTS 300 where the engine is below my saddle?

I've been working on a really neat project for the bike and will have it completed and pictures shortly.

Thanks, jim

Hey Guys:

Finally catching up on all the "honey-do" projects and with the beautiful weather we've been having got the bike out for some nice 60 - 90 mile rides.

When stopping I notice more heat coming up from the engine then I remember last season. I've checked the coolant and all is within spec. The temperature gauge shows normal operating temperatures, and only once while sitting at a long traffic light did the fan come on for just a few moments.

So. . . is it just that I have forgotten the heat that comes off the engine after having put more recent miles on my Vespa GTS 300 where the engine is below my saddle?

I've been working on a really neat project for the bike and will have it completed and pictures shortly.

Thanks, jim

Hummm....I dont think I would worry about it. If the temp gage is correct and the coolant level is correct and the fan cycles, I think there really is no issue. Yeah, there are a few pieces of plastic that direct air hither and yon but this has all the earmarks of being a normal NT.

Make sure the rubber piece that seals around the gas tank is properly in place. It is easy to put it in wrong, and that will direct more hot air up to the rider.

Thanks guys. Reassuring nothing to worry about- will check the rubber seal by the gas tank.
Appreciate the help. Jim

Back
Top Bottom