Is this my next bike? (VFR1200)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Re: Is this my net bike?

I like! Too big for this old fart though. At least Honda isn't ignoring the sport touring market across the pond. What are the odds we will see it here in the US? Probably somewhere between slim and none.

Mike

Bike
Bonneville T120
Re: Is this my net bike?

I'd have seriously considered this if it was available when I bought my Trophy. The 29" seat height is appealing.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Yep, that one would be on my list too. I'd probably have one if it had been offered when I bought the NT.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
This is a Sportbike with some touring farkles. Look at the lean forward handlebar placement and the HIGH jockey style riders footpegs. It's pretty but not for me.

On the same page on Youtube, is the CTX1300. Compare the ergonomics between the two. It needs a higher windshield for touring. The drivetrain is the tried and true ST1300---with the heads right out where the valves are easy to get to as are the plugs.

Sam:)
Yes the CTX1300 has a great power-plant (albeit de-tuned a bit for low end),and running gear, But FOR ME the feet are to far forward. Yes, if, ( and that is a big if) this VFR 1200 found its way into my garage, then as with the ST1300 and the NT700 that I have, bar risers and a peg lowering kit would have to be installed.Two major issues fro me are no tip over protection and the engine is mounted in the frame the wrong way. Of course price is a major consideration, but I am almost 65 years old, and I am only going around once.:wink:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
When I checked my height and inseam on cycle-ergo it showed the following

http://cycle-ergo.com/

NT700V - 14? forward lean and 87? knee bend - with my 1"x1" riser the forward lean changes to 9?
VFR1200F - 28? forward lean and 74? knee bend

No question as compared to the NT the VFR is much more on the sport end of sport touring.

Note: As a further comparison

FJR1300 - 15? forward lean and 82? knee bend.
The FJR for my body is similar to the NT

CBR600RR - 41? forward lean and 76? knee bend. So you can see the VFR is in between a real sport bike and our NT as far as forward lean goes.

Last edited:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Well Chuck, one thing to consider is will it be in the Sport bike category when insurance is involved and also, the tank is 5 gallons and the bike rated at 35mpg... I'm SURE it has some incredible power and I love a single sided swingarm and shaft drive but the insurance and range looked to be issues to me along with the sport bike ergos... or I would have already had one.. LOL

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
The vfr1200f has been available here in the US for a while, it was the very first modern Honda with the DCT option.
Personally I'd lile to see the vfr800 Interceptor have the DCT option, but as of yet it doesn't...bummer.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
It's a nice bike but is really a sport bike in sheep's clothing. Were I to consider such a bike, I would opt for the Kawasaki Ninja 1000. True, it is chain drive, but chains have evolved into a pretty reliable component. Also, as Joe observed, the question of which side of the insurance category will this bike be placed. A 1200 cc sportbike would cost a fortune.

I think I'll stick to my two bikes.

Top Bottom