It's a small world....

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Got up early today for a big loop ride around part of western New Mexico. On my way back to Albuquerque, I stopped to fill up at an I-40 exit, and noticed a Moto Guzzi pull in. With big ammo cans for luggage. There CAN'T be THAT many 'Guzzi's in New Mexico, can there? So, I asked the rider if his name might be Charlie. Sure enough. That's a first for me to just happen to see a fellow NT forum rider out in the wild!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
How cool!! That kind of coincidence is really a fun thing to experience.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Yep, really wild.

There were three two wheelers at the station. HD, Suzuki and the Goose. I am more concerned with my bike as I had just installed a new alternator and was on my way to the annual NM MG rally in Datil. I was trying to figure out if any wires were rubbing against anything, if the bike was running ok, etc, etc. This guy on the scooter comes over and asks if I am Charlie. I am thinking, what, did I forget to take off my security badge or something? I looked down and it wasn't there. No markings on me. So I'm trying to figure out if the security side of my life has come back to bite me. I am starting to back up a little. Then Rich says, "I'm Yoda" and everything clicked into place.

Seeing someone that I know on the road is just one of those things that never happens to me.

I did find out at the MG rally that my bike is more famous than I am. Folks come over just to see what I've changed from one year to the next. :) This year, besides the alternator, I got a new top box. Now the only thing I put extra on the bike for a trip is the tank bag. Finally my tent poles fit inside the case. Nice not having stuff strapped on everywhere.

Top Bottom