Its "Official".....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Congratulations, Bill! It's nice to be legal, isn't it? Enjoy!!

tawilke46

It is a good feeling! Congrats!
After a 15 year hiatus from motorcycling, I got a 1997 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan. I rode with a friend for several weeks without my motorcycle endorsement......basically waiting for a MSF course to come up.
Several times I got nervous around LEO's cruising by

OP
OP
BigBill
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Louisiana is a strange state, they do not issue a learner's permit for motorcycles like most others...just take the test, thats it.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Don't be too happy.. now you get to spend a lot of money... :rofl1: Congrats!

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Rick, I am not a pilot, but I recall reading somewhere that the only thing more dangerous than a new pilot is a pilot with 400 hours. The author made the point that around 400 hours, a pilot has just enough experience to be truly dangerous.

Back to the original topic:
I am glad that even though I have been in Saudi Arabia for the last 15 years, I have kept my Motorcycle endorsement. I can get back and - very carefully - start riding again.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Congratulations. It is a course well worth it. Now you can do track days.

OP
OP
BigBill
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
The rider's course is next, plus my son (21) wants to go too, so we will be taking it together. :)

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I don't know about now, but 20 years ago, statistics indicated that 2/3's of all accident have within the first 6 months of m'cycle ownership or on a new or borrowed one.

Makes a lot of sense. You only have so much attention to go around. If you are spending it on the mechanics of learning to ride, you are not spending it on looking out for traffic or problems with the road surface.

Be very, very careful when you start. Later, you can taper off to just "very careful".

tawilke46

Yeah Bill, I had the privilege of riding with my son in a MSF course. Then four years of riding together around Louisiana and the Southeast. Great fun and bonding time with my son. He left home in 2002 to join the Army. Now married and living in Redding, California. Still some of the nicest memories I have. We both miss the shared riding experience. One reason I think I will keep two motorcycles around here. When either my son or daughter (she rides too!) come in to town I will have a bike for them to ride.
One day I am riding my NT to Florida and get some riding in with my daughter. She got her endorsement 18 months ago. She rides a Yamaha FZ6.

Top Bottom