Jan 7th ride cancelled

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Due to inclement weather, the Spokane Chapter of NT Road Dogs (Deuville Owners Group) is cancelling its January 7th ride.
The weatherman said with a straight face this morning, "2-4 inches" We have 6 with an hour or two to go.....
note flash effect off of snow flakes...at least Bijou likes the snow....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
We could sure use your moisture, but you can keep the snow. :)

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
BURRRR!!!! That looks real UGLY to me, sure glad i m retired and not out haing to deal with that. Snow is all arround me but here is just wet damp and windy , 49 degrees but too much wet to go out althoughI have riding I need to do.
The temperture gage says nice , but when I stick my nose out the back door I run right bck here to my chair!

eldon

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I looked out this morning and was disappointed to miss the ride. Got the snow blower out instead. The 2-4 inches is what we got while shoveling the previous 4-6 inches. Is there a snow blade attachment for a Ural? Maybe I could tell wife that the 2w drive Ural w/ side car is a riding mower/snowplow...
disregard ... overexposure to 2 cycle exhaust.

Bike
Hi Joe,

Go over to Cour D Lane, and talk to Lucky Lawrence the ural dealer who is also one of the best HD mechanics arround
He can fix you up with the Ural of Your Choice. Aside from tht he is a good guy, I have sort of known him since the 69-71 tour at beale.

Regards,
Eldon

I looked out this morning and was disappointed to miss the ride. Got the snow blower out instead. The 2-4 inches is what we got while shoveling the previous 4-6 inches. Is there a snow blade attachment for a Ural? Maybe I could tell wife that the 2w drive Ural w/ side car is a riding mower/snowplow...
disregard ... overexposure to 2 cycle exhaust.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Thanks Eldon.

Many years ago I saw Ural's at Spokane MC Show. Quite a bit more expensive now. I always thought it would make a great old guy camping bike for the NW. There is a dealer in Spokane now, but I have not stopped yet. I didn't see a Coeur D Alene, ID dealer at the Ural web site.

Bike
Joe,
I have not been there in two, or maybe three years, it is possible that he gave up the dealership for them, He could possibly have retired but I doubt it, he was a about 16-18 at that time in CA, which puts him at about58/ 60 now.

I wanted to stop lasrt year when on my way home from Spearfish etc , but circumstances didn't allow for that., Maybe this yea I will.
Eldon

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Urals are really cool looking...but I would want one without a side car....
There are some good pics on the web of the Russian Ural Museum
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rueike/918303790/

Thanks Eldon.

Many years ago I saw Ural's at Spokane MC Show. Quite a bit more expensive now. I always thought it would make a great old guy camping bike for the NW. There is a dealer in Spokane now, but I have not stopped yet. I didn't see a Coeur D Alene, ID dealer at the Ural web site.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm not sure that the bike with the blonde riding it is a Ural. The cylinder heads are different from any Ural I've ever seen. Could it be a Dnieper?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Is it not a 1959 Ural M72?????
It might very well be but the Dnepr is virtually identical, look at this 1964 model, since it is a Ural clone...Then the Chang is a Chinese Peoples Army clone of the BMW/Ural/Dnepr... We have the original BMW cloned by Ural, which was cloned by Dnepr, which was cloned by Chang...or a clone of a clone of a clone... I can't tell them apart at any distance and I have a complete Dnepr sidecar sitting in my basement...:rolleyes1:

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It might very well be but the Dnepr is virtually identical, look at this 1964 model, since it is a Ural clone...Then the Chang is a Chinese Peoples Army clone of the BMW/Ural/Dnepr... We have the original BMW cloned by Ural, which was cloned by Dnepr, which was cloned by Chang...or a clone of a clone of a clone... I can't tell them apart at any distance and I have a complete Dnepr sidecar sitting in my basement...:rolleyes1:
I wonder how one would look attached to a NT700?

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks!!!! Great lesson....anyway, I wish Honda would make one without the sidecar....the bike, not the lady.....
http://www.cossackmotorcycles.com/ural750.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom