Just GO RIDE

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Moab Day 4
As they say all good thing must come to an end. This short visit to Moab dirt riding has just wet my appetite for more adventures out there. I am looking at a fall trip back out again, after the summer heat lets up. It sure was a lot of fun.
I got up about 06:30 and packed my Stuff. The bikes had been loaded the night before and Craig was still sleeping. Boy does he sure miss a lot of good early morning sights and sounds. Anyway out departure was for 0730 sharp and he told me not to wake him up until 0700. Fine by me. If he is not ready the truck and trailer leave anyway. Just kidding. He was a great riding partner and reassuring to have along out in the Canyon lands. I woke him up at 0700 as I went to the motel office to get my morning coffee.
I highly recommend the Adventure Inn as a place to stay in Moab if you are looking for a nice Mom and Pop Motel. Less expensive than most other places. Walking distance to most places to eat. Very pleasant owners. I dealt with Kris. She is the Wife of the Husband /Wife team that owns the place. How ever if you chose to go there, bring your sense of humor, Kris can be a pistol at times. She can be sharp and witty. All the basic amenities are there and the rooms were very neat and clean. Anyway, great place, when I go back I will stay ant the Adventure Inn.

We pulled out at 0730 on the nose and had a very pleasant uneventful drive back to Denver. Traffic was relatively light along I-70 and the delays at the Idaho Springs tunnels was minimal. Traffic congestion across town. 3pm Thursday across Denver, what can I say. It is what it is.
All in all a great excursion, looking forward to next time.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Moab Day 4
As they say all good thing must come to an end. This short visit to Moab dirt riding has just wet my appetite for more adventures out there. I am looking at a fall trip back out again, after the summer heat lets up. It sure was a lot of fun.
I got up about 06:30 and packed my Stuff. The bikes had been loaded the night before and Craig was still sleeping. Boy does he sure miss a lot of good early morning sights and sounds. Anyway out departure was for 0730 sharp and he told me not to wake him up until 0700. Fine by me. If he is not ready the truck and trailer leave anyway. Just kidding. He was a great riding partner and reassuring to have along out in the Canyon lands. I woke him up at 0700 as I went to the motel office to get my morning coffee.
I highly recommend the Adventure Inn as a place to stay in Moab if you are looking for a nice Mom and Pop Motel. Less expensive than most other places. Walking distance to most places to eat. Very pleasant owners. I dealt with Kris. She is the Wife of the Husband /Wife team that owns the place. How ever if you chose to go there, bring your sense of humor, Kris can be a pistol at times. She can be sharp and witty. All the basic amenities are there and the rooms were very neat and clean. Anyway, great place, when I go back I will stay ant the Adventure Inn.

We pulled out at 0730 on the nose and had a very pleasant uneventful drive back to Denver. Traffic was relatively light along I-70 and the delays at the Idaho Springs tunnels was minimal. Traffic congestion across town. 3pm Thursday across Denver, what can I say. It is what it is.
All in all a great excursion, looking forward to next time.

Here are a few out takes:

Attachments

skiper

Amazing Land -- Those machines are perfect for those roads , would you ever ride NT there ? Could a novice rider make the NT work those roads ?

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Amazing Land -- Those machines are perfect for those roads , would you ever ride NT there ? Could a novice rider make the NT work those roads ?
Not on the White Rim Trail. You would shake it to death, drop it in the sand, Not make it up the steep inclines. As I said on another forum, "Right tool for the right Job." I consider myself an intermediate dirt rider, and some of the route was a handful for me. Not too technical as dirt riding goes but required some knowledge and some skill of riding in the dirt. The BEST way for a beginner dirt rider to ride the trail would to be on a smaller 250/350 cc dual sport machine. Some long up hills with switch backs required a lot of standing on the pegs a staying n the throttle. Stop doing ether of those and you won't make it up the hill.

skiper

Guess my Adventure Dooville will stay clear of them there Adventures ,, I've been very Happy with the Road Adventures so far ,, May ye all make a Great One -- and Safe One -- Rubber Down

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Thanks for the pics and perspective. I had intended to ride the White rim trail when I was there last summer. It was frickin Hot when I was in Moab. The night I arrived I didn't even get a good night sleep since it stayed close to 90 all night. I was in a tent and the next day just didn't feel up to solo adventuring in the heat. I only hit the arches national park then headed west.

I plan on going back someday, but picking a cooler time of the year.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
I drove a Jeep CJ2A over the white rim trail back in the early 70s. Chuck, your pics make me want to dig through my old Kodachrome slides!

I'll bet my old 1977 Yamaha DT125 could do it today.

Top Bottom