[Review] Just How Loud Is That Aftermarket Horn Really????

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I have the Stebel and it has saved me from one certain accident with a cager trying to change lanes about 10' in front of me without looking in the mirror.

Quite simply, if she hadn't thought a semi was about to hit her she wouldn't have taken avoiding action. I was very, very lucky that day.

Don't leave it until its too late, fit one now.

tawilke46

Horn Comparison Tests

For those of you who are considering installing aftermarket horns, myself included, I am showing this link to a horn test article.
Discusses what the manufacturers specs say vs real world test results.
The test results on this site seem to indicate the horn makers over rate their products quite a bit.
Interesting and revealing reading.....

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/motorcycle-horn-comparison.htm

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Interesting cause the stock Guzzi horns (1984 vintage) are good enough (they sound a bit like the Fiamm's). Too bad the NT horn isn't as good.

I do like air horns. I had a pair on my old honda. Two horns, one 12" and one 10". I had a fairing pocket I mounted the compressor in. It was $15.

Stebel would be nice but have heard too many people get bad ones. One of the Guzzi guys went through 5 of them in a couple of months.

lcseds

So where have you folks mounted the Stebel on the NT? I have one with a harness but have not really found a place to put it yet.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Take off the left side fairing and mount it just forward of the pocket using a radio mounting strip around the frame. It just fits.

Benefit are:
  • Its upright as specified in the manual
  • The "blast" can get out easily so little deadening effect from the fairing
  • Its relatively dry
  • It doesn't foul anything
  • The Eastern Beaver cable and relay fit easily
  • You can connect the switch side of the relay to the old horn connectors.
Downside:
  • A lot of Tupperware has to come off to do, what is essentially, an easy job!

Last edited:
Top Bottom