Keyport- key blades

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Look at the Shad 39. It's a pretty nice top box and allows you to open it without using keys, or lock w/keys. My previous Givi boxes were annoying as you had to use the key to open / close them.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Since I purchase the NT with a top box I will not be buying another top box to not use a key to open, (it only came with one key). I think this system is pretty neat, and would be good to carry as your spare, with the NT you would need the transponder (about $25), but you have a neat package for the keys, and you could even add a usb drive. light, and/or opener.
yep I like tech crap, one of my failings.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I am divided on this. I liked having a top box that would open/close without a key....but....90% of the time I wanted it locked. So, I am back to the Givi method with my JCWhitney top box. Thing has proven near indestructible. I have "tried" to break it as an excuse to get a new box, but, it just keeps working. :)

So, this key thing looks pretty cool. I am assuming that the blades can be removed for use? I would not want that whole thing hanging off my ignition if I needed it for that.

I could have all my keys set up on that. Ooops, looked at price. I think I'll just keep my extra key ring.

Last edited:
Bike
2009 ex Mod white nt700va
Charlie b said "I could have all my keys set up on that. Ooops, looked at price. I think I'll just keep my extra key ring."

I've got pretty much the same thing. Except all I did was assemble a full set of spare keys and then
put them in a vice one by one and saw and drill them and put them on a key ring. Same job and a lot less bulky than a full keyring.
And small enough to stash somewhere sneaky.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I like the remote opening feature of the CooCase. I don't have to pull out any key--simply press a button like one does for the keyless entry on a car. The "box" hangs nicely on the ignition key fob.

Top Bottom