Kick Stand foot, magnetic. Best $12.50 I have spent yet!

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
Just thought I'd update this thread with an alternative option that seem very real world applicable. I almost bought the Oxford magnetic side stand foot several times but can't get passed the idea of needing to use it in a precarious position or terrain. The string idea is good, but I tend to take the NT on gravel and fire roads...since I can't flat foot both feet on the NT as it is, I can imagine things being awkward hanging that thing and hoping it sticks in the right spot.
Anyway, here's what I found:

Safetkick Motorcycle Kickstand Pad Support

I'm on the fence about whether I'm going to purchase it or just make my own for about $5

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
that looks kinda neat. why do i get the feeling someone would walk away with it though :(

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
A humerous thoughtenters my mind to Rob's coment; Set it up with a Modle T coil wire attahed to itTthe person who grabs it will only do so once

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
When my buddy shortened my kickstand after I lowered my NT, he welded a larger footpad underneath it. Before that I had used an electrical junction box cover ($.59 at Ace Hardware) tied to a string. The permanently attached pad is easier than the cheapy from Ace.

Bike
2010 red NT
Back in the 90s I was given a bright red sidestand foot shaped like a foot with a nice long red cloth shoelace. Pick it up at mid Ohio race track. You can keep it your jacket pocket easy. Pull it out and hold cord drop the foot and slide it under the stand from a seated position. Wrap other end around handgrip with a half hitch. Just as easy when you leave. Also my Honda dealer has a stack of round ones at front door to use while you shop or add to you pocket. Has shop info on it.

Top Bottom