Kind of Fleece

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have not heard of this product. There are, however quite a few tourists who fit sheepskin covers to their seats. These covers seem to provide a cooler ride according to their advocates. There is, I have heard, a place here in Maine that makes such covers. I would suspect that they would have to be quickly removable in the case of rain.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
A beaded seat pad helps keep your aft quarters cooler on hot days and also drier when it rains. Hey, 2 for 1! :eek:

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
He's an active member of the Guzzi forum. Quite a few people like his stuff.

I am one who has had bad luck with any kind of seat 'topping', air, beads or fleece. I just make the seat to fit me and go. Others swear by their preferred topping. If I took a poll of seat toppings on the road, I see fleece most of the time, usually on touring bikes like GW, Road Kings and big beemers. Sometimes I will see a seat with beads or an air type, usually on a sportier bike.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had a fleece seat cover on my 1st Concours for a couple of years and about 40,000 miles. It was OK but wore out along the seams (it had been made to fit the Concours saddle). Mine was made by Hartco International (hartcoseats.com).

It wasn't as good as the Russell I bought a year later.

tawilke46

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
A beaded seat pad helps keep your aft quarters cooler on hot days and also drier when it rains. Hey, 2 for 1! :eek:
I will second this. Beaded seat pads promote air flow in a critical area in hot weather. However, you must have a good, comfortable seat to start with. Beads will not transform a black painted Japanese maple into a comfortable seat.

Top Bottom