Kinda cold ride with new toys.

Bike
2010 NT RED
This is a video of a ride testing out my new camera. I've ridden with a camera before, but always mounted on the bike. This is the first with the camera mounted on my helmet. I've edited for length but not sound. The wind noise is pretty bad, so turn your volume down. The ride is also with my new Hit-Air vest. That is what I am buckling up before taking off. I am not crazy about posting on youtube. Let me know if you have trouble with the link.

https://playmemoriesonline.com/friends/s/28580c184cecc2f3e994219f5ba26d4f?token=fhUYE2RoHyZURUUUkPSs_FNTX0WwtLpk

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
It's a Sony HDR-AS20. I have a Midland 720 that I mount on the bike that works pretty well. When I mounted the Sony to the bike the vibration was to much. The midland camera didn't look to bad vibration wise. I don't know why the Sony did so bad. I like it better on the helmet anyway.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Looks like a nice warm ride to me. I envy people that live on paved roads, my gravel will not unfreeze until April. I did get my new trailer, and will start working on getting it ready to transport my bikes. If all goes as plan, I take a ride down in March to someplace warmer to a weekend behind the Winnebago Vista 21B (VW powered class C).

Live Free and Ride.

Bike
2009, Bla NT700 Deauville
It's a Sony HDR-AS20. I have a Midland 720 that I mount on the bike that works pretty well. When I mounted the Sony to the bike the vibration was to much. The midland camera didn't look to bad vibration wise. I don't know why the Sony did so bad. I like it better on the helmet anyway.
Did u try to switch on SteadyShot ? It works when you turn off 1080 and leave it to 720!
Same as mine :) Camera brother :D

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
Looks like a nice warm ride to me. I envy people that live on paved roads
It was a nice day. After the snow storm I made sure to shovel the street in front of the driveway so I could get the bike out when the weather warmed up. My cold limit is about 40 degrees for a ride of any length of time.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jeff, sounds like the end of next week might work. Stay in touch.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
Did u try to switch on SteadyShot ? It works when you turn off 1080 and leave it to 720!
Hey Kortex. You have a nice website and youtube channel. I did turn on steady shot on the sony. I think the midland's frame rate is not as fast as the sony, so the vibration does not show up as bad? I've thought about facing the midland at me and keep the sony on the helmet. I look pretty good as long as the dark visor is down. I leave the sony on 720 all the time to keep the file size down.

Bike
Hey Kortex. You have a nice website and youtube channel. I did turn on steady shot on the sony. I think the midland's frame rate is not as fast as the sony, so the vibration does not show up as bad? I've thought about facing the midland at me and keep the sony on the helmet. I look pretty good as long as the dark visor is down. I leave the sony on 720 all the time to keep the file size down.
thank you for good words :)
are you shore that stady shot is on ? Coz, i try on my NT without, yes, it was brrrr, but with all was good. where do you stick it on your bike ? Mine is on the mirror leg.
Im using wandershare video editing, and there is a option that you can resize video without loosing quality. like that. Im saving it as a MP4, best format I think.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
where do you stick it on your bike
I have two mounts, one on the unused mirror mount on the left handle bar. The other is down low on the frame. This mount is close to the engine and vibrates like crazy but it catches the front tire and forks and is fun to watch. I'm not that much into video editing, but I do enjoy re-living the rides.

Bike
I have two mounts, one on the unused mirror mount on the left handle bar. The other is down low on the frame. This mount is close to the engine and vibrates like crazy but it catches the front tire and forks and is fun to watch. I'm not that much into video editing, but I do enjoy re-living the rides.
i want to try this thing on my nt - http://ad-discountperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6174&zenid=29b41f7ee0be5f56f14b4de030a9cbd2
and will put the action cam on handlebar and that will be the best test to see how it works :)
take care and many happy returns ! ;)

Top Bottom